1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Full time taxidermist's core business

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by aero, Aug 28, 2008.

1. One Stop Shop

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. Mammals only

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. Birds only

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Fish only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Combination of the above, ie. Mammals and fish, no birds, etc.

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. aero

aero New Member

Seems that more and more businesses are specializing, and was curious as to what the percentage may be.

2. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Right now I only take in mammals, mostly deer. I won't be taking in birds or fish this year, as I have no interest in working with them.

*edit* Sorry, just read the title that says Full time taxidermists...I am only part time so disregard my post

3. aero

aero New Member

No prob nina, i appreciate your input.

4. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

I do mainly mammals (mostly deer) I did birds for several years but with the amount of deer I have taken in in the last two years I have been able to reduce the amount of birds I take in. I enjoy mounting deer and mammals more than birds.

5. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I specialize in mammals.. I am just not interested in feathers or fins.. But give me hair or fur and I am a happy camper :)

I send any birds and fish I get to 2 guys that do them.. My customers know that I dont do them myself, and I even give them the business cards of the other two guys.. But it saves them from having to deal with anything :)