1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#48

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Very Awesome fish...Becky P..thats a nice bass...

2. TomL

TomL New Member

Here's a 16" crappie skin mount. It was caught by the 12 year old daughter of a co-worker of mine. I guess she was quite proud of outfishing all the adults that weekend and it is her biggest fish so her mom asked me to mount it for her. I guess she spent several hours searching the internet to get an idea of how she wanted it done and a rock base chasing a fish is what she wanted. The proud smile on her face when she got it was worth a lot more than the check I got for doin it.
    [​IMG]

3. wmcole

wmcole New Member

very nice work everyone this is my fish for the week.....

[​IMG]

4. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

wow, I cant believe how many fish are on here that I actually see and catch in my own area (bass, sunfuish, crappie, etc.) they are all very nice, even the ones that are found a bit further north. that big flounder tail really caught my eye. I like the side you chose too.

becky, your paintwork looks very natural.

nicely done! travis, that little sunny is stellar as well. nice blank too :)... Josh.

LJ

5. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    very nice!

6. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

What a beautyful fishes again! Long time since I´ve posted fish here last time. But finally I have one...or actually part of one. Shoulder mount with tail. It´s nice silvery Atlantic salmon, 38 lbs. I hope Uncle Dave won´t post his salmons after me :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

here is mine for the week.

8. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

size compared during the pinting process. these large peacocks are really flat so i may have embelished the colors to make the fish more aesthetically pleasing.

great fish again

LJ

9. great job --Wow

10. WOW! Thanks for the kind words!
    It was such a pleasure to share some time with Rick and Kathie! Two of the nicest, warm hearted people I know. As many of you know, you never have a dull moment when hanging out with Rick. They did not let the continues downpours of rain and harsh wind, let them down. (typical to Ketchikan, AK). We could not get out to the places I wanted to take them fishing, but were still able to find some fish to take ref photos of. Spending time with Rick around fish (live or dead) will make you look at fish like you never have before.
    So many nice fish this week! Thank you everyone who contributes, You are a huge inspiration.
    I hope to have something new to share in the coming weeks.

11. den007

den007 Active Member

Recovered from a mysterious wrecked disk in Nevada.

12. Natures Art

Natures Art Gone Fishin!!!

Awsome fish this week as usual. All of the inspiration each week makes us all better.
    Here is a 34" Northern skin mount.

[​IMG]

13. BWilson

BWilson New Member

Everyone's fish look great. Here's a skin mount just finished a couple wks ago. [​IMG]

14. den007

den007 Active Member

Pike is sweet! Neat pose. Is that a cast head?

15. Those Peacock Bass are sick!!! Now, here is my contribution for the week. Just finished this King Salmon.

16. Hopefully, here is my King Salmon a little larger, so you can actually see it.

17. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

This bass is the one I worked on but did not fish at Anglers Artistry.

Brad

18. Nice job Brad!!! I love a closed mouth fish. It looks so natural.

19. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Nice salmon head Perca!! Was that the "shortcut"-head we talked about..?? You fixed it well if it is...