1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#48

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Aug 29, 2008.

1. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Yes Taxi-lover, same problem you faced with your last roe deer. :D

2. [​IMG]
    Appreciate all the great fish posts. My contribution is a skin mount brookie, cast head and fins.

3. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

Brad...real nice bass. I am asuming he is that seamless skin mount. I am also in agreement with travis... I like a closed mouth fish sooo much more than an openmounth, flared fins, and hard curve. From what I have been seeing over the last few years, I think it is getting very popular in my area as well.

I am on a serious peacock kick and trying to get it out of my system, so here is half the day gone by playing with fish, lol.

den, those eyes look sharp... are you going to paint them for me? :)

4. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

16" and a bit. My favorite cast so far. I just want to paint these things till Im blue in the face...they are so fun to do!

5. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

here is my 20" outside curve, I removed the spiney half of the dorsal and sculpted it in laying down for a more relaxed pose.

6. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

here is a closup of the little guy

7. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

GWF nice peacocks, your paint work is beautiful. I am in agreement with Travis and you, a closed mouth fish does look more natural.

8. den007

den007 Active Member

LJ.........I could paint some, but I think you will have more fun playing with coloring them yourself. I see you got a nice vertical band and great color on the peacock eye. I know you can paint! lol I will throw in a few suggestions I use on them so you can have some real fun. You have been so generous in your sharing ......so I will give you plenty, and still feel in your debt. I will show my version of a peacock this next week.....hopefully a bonefish as well. It was a very yellowish fish without many bold markings, so I know it will look anemic next to yours, but what the heck.

9. I think we are figuring it out. We were trying to figure out how to post a decent size photo and I think we have learned how. Hopefully this will work. Here are a few fish I finished this week.[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

WOW!!!! Each and every week I am nothing short of totally amazed by the talent and the breathtaking beauty of fish work! This week is nothing Short of outstanding! Supper work gang!

my Best!

Rick Krane

11. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Outstanding. Love the work thus far. One of these years I will have some work to post. Lol.

Jimmy

12. I LOVE the eye set in that billfish!
    Veins are really a nice touch.
    Its nice to see some big salties get the respect they deserve.

Great work people!!

13. Craig W

Craig W New Member

This is a couple fish that has been part of my displays in stores.Ive brought them home and repainted and I'm working on touch up and finishing the bases.Ive only put the base coat on the rocks to.

14. Craig W

Craig W New Member

Little smallmouth.It was another old display mount.