1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

You just never know what you'll see

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Aug 30, 2008.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I have a client from Houston whom I have never met (just his Ranch manager) who also owns a weekend ranch here in the county.

Anyway's, i've talked with him on the phone numerous times & he called yesterday asking if he could pick up a deer I had finished for him tomorrow. I told him I was very sorry, but I was cooking for Miranda's family & it was something I couldn't just leave. Well, he asked if I could drop it off at his ranch this afternoon because his ranch manager was on vacation & he really wanted to get this deer to his wife. He said he would give me the gate pass code, to follow the roads in & all gates I came to on the ranch would open automatically because they have sensors on them. Anyways he pays by credit card, asks what I needed for delivery...I told him don't worry about it, I was heading out to that part of the county anyways for lunch. He says great, tells me where the key is & then tells me "take a right at the hay bales after you drop the deer off at the house, it will be a little time to enjoy yourself" ::) ::) ::)

Anyways, I drive through this big ol' ranch, take care of business & when I'm leaving there is a BIG hay shed with about 50 round bales under it so I figured "what the hell" I took the right, went up to a gate...it opened, I crossed in the truck & it was like I stepped into someone elses wonderland!! I took a few pictures that I could with out veering off the road & into the pastures (although I sooo wanted to ;) But, someone elses place so I showed respect & stayed on the road. This is the few pics I took from the road, if I would have drove deeper into the pasture there's no tellin what the heck I would have saw :)

Anyways, I thought i'd share a few pics of what I saw today delivering a shoulder mount deer to this guys "weekend" place.

BTW...there is NO hunting allowed here, it's for him & his wife & kids pleasure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guy was a trip!!!!
    [​IMG]

Red Stag cooling off from the Texas heat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sika, Axis, Fallow & Corsican

[​IMG]

It was a little slice of heaven there.

2. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

OMG now THAT is awesome... My dream home :)

3. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Now that is cool.

4. RDA

RDA Active Member

MP, you should put those zebra shots in the ref section- good front on views!! :eek:

5. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

that would have got my heart going. glad you had a chance to see it. now maybe ask the owner for a tour. might be nice to see what else he has there.

6. Now that's the kind of clients we all want...

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

BEWARE! Remember, those are overfed domestic zebras, look at the shapes. Still good reference, just dont go too crazy...Mike, will you take ME there though??? Pleaseeeeee

8. grumpa

grumpa Member

Micheal, Isn't that red stag really a PERE DAVID deer?

9. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

yes, those are Pere David's deer...

10. RDA

RDA Active Member

I was speaking strictly of the face shots Bill ;) ;D

11. lorefuma

lorefuma Member

mhmhhhh...pere david's deer!!! love these deers...
    I would love have a pair of zebra and a camel in my garden :p, looks funny animals and for what I've see in a pair of occasion have a nice indole...

12. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Yep Grumpa, you are right. I had my mind set on Red Stag & thats where it stayed.

Kinda like calling a Rolex a Timex isn't it :D LOL

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Cool Beans!

14. bzb_1

bzb_1 Member

That is awsome thanks for sharing...Could you imagine if money really was no object...

15. ask him for some of those red stag antler sheds lol..that would be awesome .. ill get some pic of my .. rich rich friends house and ranch .. the got fallow deer . sika's . axis .. acouple of zebra's any any thing else of ..the deer are for food .. and they said they were going to start giving me there sheds and hides off all of there animals ... awesome

16. Bill Yox

Ron, I was sorta being facetious there, calling em inaccurate, but could I still go? See? Now repeat after me...ha-ha-ha, good one. Yes, MP, we all knew that was a Pere Davids...

17. RDA

RDA Active Member

I thought you were being quite accurate- life is tough in africa dont see too many over fed critters there just look at the ethiopians ;) ;D ;D ;D

18. Bill Yox

Well, truth is, those ARE a bit overfilled, as well as domestic around the eyes, but who would ask? Hahaha, Id still love to take pics there!

19. RDA

RDA Active Member

Nothing like live reference to let us know how far we have to go ;D ;D

20. ChipD.

ChipD. New Member

Now that's a little bit of heaven on earth