1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mounting a bear on a limb

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by DevinCamPA, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Hey guys...well i just got back from the first black bear hunt up in northen ontario. I was lucky enough to shoot a nice bear. Not a monster but weighs about 125. He actually climed a tree 20 yards from me and was eye level. That gets your blood pumpin....
    Anyways i think i want to mount him on a limb, does anyone have any pictures?? i've been searching everywhere. Mckenzie makes a nice form LBR-76 . thanks

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Mckenzie has one that fits their artificial log. I have used it and worked out nice.

3. Would you happen to have any pics? thanks a lot!

4. Here is one of the McKenzies on their limb....was nice to work with. Get a Buckeye change out head for it ....you will be more pleased with the head and face if you do.

5. Henry J.

Henry J. New Member

Here is one

6. Henry J.

Henry J. New Member

ONE MORE

7. thanks guys...i was thinking more of a form like this. Anyone have pics of it?

http://www.mckenziesp.com/taxid_store/catalog_product.asp?ProductFamilyID=%7B05102B32%2DCF72%2D4AE9%2DADD1%2DCE4BEBD7F6EC%7D&mscssid=GBBC7A0U4QE38M7SLD7RQL8SFNBD44D9

8. Haven't done that one but it will mount up as nicely as the other and on their same limb. Again I prefer the Buckeye change out head to the one that comes on it. If that mannikin fits your bear and you/client likes it .... use it ....you will be pleased.

9. tiemann5

tiemann5 Member

what is the best way to attach it to the limb.