1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Small Wt on couse form , help please

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Dan Bond, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Dan Bond

Dan Bond New Member

I got in a nice albino wt buck thats to be done in a wall pedistal, problem is he is small, he measures 6 1/4 x 12, I dont mind altering some but I notice TRU-FIT mannikins have a 6 1/4 x 11 wall pedistal just how I need it. I am not familiar with couse deer living up north will this small wt albino spike look good on a couse deer form? also any recomendations concerning good earliners for small deer is also appreciated, thanks Dan Bond

2. Dan Bond

Dan Bond New Member

sorry for my ignorance but are couse deer the deer in florida and the carolinas, or are they just small whitetails?

3. Have you checked out Research button buck forms? We used couse deer form for small whitetails before and the end result was a good mount. I don't think there is all that much difference between the couse and the whitetail. Someone corrrect me pleae if I'm wrong. :)

4. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Evelyn.I think you are right.I used to use small whitetail forms for Couse deer,before there were decent forms available for them.I often had to shorten the nose to eye a little bit.I think the whitetail wall pedestal should work.Check the nose to eye measurement.You may have to lengthen it some.

5. Dan Bond

Dan Bond New Member

thank you for your reply I will have to give it a try!