1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

i can use alot of help here

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by brudaman340, Dec 14, 2006.

1. brudaman340

brudaman340 New Member

i need help i want to tan a deer hide and i dont know too much about it pics or videos would be nice

2. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Order videos or books, or both, from the taxidermy supply companies. You can also buy a kit.

www.taxidermy.com
    www.mckenziesp.com
    www.vandykestaxidermy.com

Until you get your supplies, roll up the hide, double bag it, and put it in your freezer.

3. for what its going to cost you to order all that stuff, you can send it out to be tanned for a lot less

4. DUKE

DUKE IT'S MY DEER!!!

save your money for materials and go to your library they have books and videos for everything you need to do.Some of the processes are out dated but the fundamentals of it are in there.Order taxi supply catalogs a lot of info in these things to.Any questions there after come to this site and post.P/S CHECK THE INTERNET.

5. Tyr using Krowtann only costs 25-30 bucks a bottle and it will do quite a few capes...It is also easy for the beginners so they do not lose any capes...just follow the directions to the letter with the bottle...and when washing after tanning and neutralizing, use only 1/2 CAPFUL of Liquid Tide (non-scented- regular). Let us know how it goes.