1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What this website is all about!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Justin P., Sep 8, 2008.

1. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Not only do we exchange information and ideas here but many of us have been lucky enough to make some new friends through this great site!
    I bought a great fleshing wheel from Plothound last week in the for sale section. It was as smooth and honest a transaction as any one could ask for. Then with the help of a friend (goes by John G.) I met on this site we built a nice skinning and fleshing table for the new wheel. It's a neat thing this internet. Thanks for your help John!

So let's keep helping each other and keep the deals honest!

Here's some pics. It's 6' X 49". Formica top and sides and the rest is painted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Yeah Justin, you are right, this site is wonderful!!!

There are some folk's out there who think that this site is the devils second coming. Can you believe that there are even folks out there among orginazations who are told not top come on here....which I find hillarious since this site is the gateway to Taxidermist's not only in America, but world wide.

I guess I will never understand how some people claim to know this industry so well, but they refuse to get on board with the largest communication network there has ever been between Taxidermist's.

Foolish pride I guess ::)

Myself, I have a number of true blue friends I have met through this site & whether it be a replacement Rat or Rhino I can get it right here in a matter of minutes :)

3. chbtaxidermy

chbtaxidermy When in Austin, do like the Liberals: Hug a Tree

Justin:

I completely agree with you! This site is awesome. I haven't been a member here for long, but the things I've learned and the help I've received has been incredible. Even if you didn't make any friends, you would have eventually, and regardless, most everyone is willing to help in one way or another.

I have bought things from people on here and haven't had a problem at all. It always goes smooth and honesty is affluent. I love it.

4. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

Amen and double AMEN.

5. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I literally stumbled onto this site doing a search for taxidermy on google.. And Ive been hooked every since.. This site is the best tool any taxidermist can have..

Isnt it amazing that its all here for free for anyone that wants to learn??

6. JohnG

JohnG Member

You are welcome Justin, it was fun working on the table with you, and everything else we do together.
    this is a great place to share our interest in taxidermy. i dont post too much, but i sure read alot!
    thats a nice fleshing/skinning table too by the way. i cant wait to try it out and get it dirty! ;)

John G.

7. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Yep, great site.

And thanks for posting the pic. That's exactly what I had in mind too for my table, now I can show hubby instead of explaining ;)

8. mike g

mike g Active Member

Even in our own association there are people against this site, which I can not understand. This site will help any association if its a state or a national. There are 14,000 plus members to this site and and what a place to promote the good an association can do for you. You can reach site members that are not members of a association that you otherwise would have no way of knowing they are even a taxidermist.

Buy, sell, chat or need taxidermy info in a hurry this site is the best PERIOD!!

9. ChipD.

ChipD. New Member

Yeah, This site is the best site of them all for information, help, and meeting new friends.

10. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

This site is great. I have learned so much on this site. If you have a question all you have to do is ask and it is amazing all the response you will get. I think the great Free reference material on this site is worth its weight in gold ;)

11. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

The people who are against this site are the type of people to watch out for. They are trying to keep something for themselves....either technique or position....probably both.

This site has upgraded the quality of taxidermy, that means you have to keep on your toes. most don't.

12. michael p.

So right you are Jim....but what I have such a hard time swallowing is that people refuse to reap the benefits of this site because of a preconceived, or false notion.

This site here is the BIGGEST avenue to Taxidermist's, but yet others wish it would go away & when problems arise they automatically blame this site, many times refusing to look at other actions that may have caused the so called "problems"

There are a literally 1,000's of people who have gotten introduced to the NTA, UTA, TERF and all the State Associations through this site. I would like to see a collective total of hits to all Taxidermy associations web sites per month compared to one day on this site.

I would wage that there are 10 times (or a lot more) as many visitors to this site every day then there is all combined to all the other association web sites.

Sometimes it just don't make sense :) LOL

13. mike g

mike g Active Member

That just said it all.

14. I hate this site! :mad: (Just Kidding) It has taken 23 days of my life away from me. I learn soooo much cool and crafty stuff on here that I have a headache everyday. I'm slowly going into debt because of this site as well. I can't stop buying stuff to practice on. Someone please help from the coolest hobby in the world. ;D

15. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

23 days? That's all? LOL
    84 days, 23 hours and 12 minutes and counting.

16. A day over 30 means you love it, Becky.

17. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Justin, that's a nice table, especially for the big critters. But there's too much space there and if you're like the rest of us, it'll serve as a parking space for other junk you need when you are't fleshing.

I DO, however, have a question for you. Where do the hide and meat shavings go? I have a hole under my blade and a chute where they fall into a plastic trash can. Maybe I'm missing it in that photo.

18. michael p.

I like he tablwe George, it's an all in one. Fleshing, prepping everythin. I have 3 tables & HAVE to get rid of at least one by next year!!

19. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

That photo was taken hours after it's completion. It does have a hole in the top for shavings to fall through. I just haven't made the "shavings slide" and bucket yet. That's a wheel for the other building where we do our tanning. I have another wheel in my main shop. I've been needing a table like that for sometime now. Now somebody bring me a bear!
    I don't clutter up tables too bad, LOL. You're right though a big table like that sure would make it easy to slide all the junk to one side of it and start another project.
    If someone told me 5 years ago I'd be making friends in an internet "chat room" I would have called them crazy!
    This is a great site and anyone that fears it and it's information has some insecurity issues. Welcome to the information age!

20. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

....and one more thingk. We've gotten a lot of clients / jobs / $ as a direct result of this site. Name a better resource for taxidermists!