1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

have to vent

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by steve leech, Sep 8, 2008.

1. don't normally get worked up over other peoples comments, but this one hit me in the gut. I have a really good customer, that takes me on an antelope hunt every year in clayton N.M., we do a little trading for the hunt and I get all the customers mounts. pretty good trade, I usually come out 4 or 5k in the black. On our last hunt, I took my 16 yr old son on his first antelope hunt, we went out, stalked an antelope about 1/2 mile, got within 60 yards and shot a huge 15" antelope with full heart curl on the first morning, stayed around all weekend to collect everyone elses. The rest of the trip we just went w/ my cust/guide to hunt w/ them. they drove around on a 22,000 acre lease and shot a couple of antelope (questionably leagle?) when everyone was through the cust/guide seen the one he wanted to shoot, we chased and chased etc.. in the truck until he finally got within 5 or 600 yard and shot and shot and shot etc.. finally hitting it in the leg, where we HAD to kill it, and shot and shot etc.. finally putting it down after about 3 hits w/ 15 shots. I never dared say anything, just joshed him a little. Were getting ready to go on the next hunt this weekend and he calls to see if I got my permit etc.. and subsequently made a comment about the photo's I gave him of my son's hunt, saying next time I should wipe some of the blood off and make sure I put the tongue in before photgraphing because I was showing disrespect towards the animal? Of course I held my cool, because of the money factor, but boy didn't I want to say "you think it's more disrespectfull to the animal to chase it around in the truck, shoot at it 15 times, breaking its leg etc..., taking your 16 yr. old son out to stalk the animal 1/2 mile and shoot 1 time @ 60 yds. and take a photo that you don't approve of? just had to vent

2. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

ask him if you should brush its hair and put a bow in its hair to while you are at it. ::)

Seriously though. Probably have to bite you tongue. But From the sounds of it yea he needs to figure out the meaning of respecting the animal a little bit more.

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

It's all symbolism over substance with a lot of these people plain & simple.

4. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Plain and simple, he's an idiot :mad: I'm not sure I could've held my tongue, but I have a problem with that anyway.

5. 300savage

300savage Life Is Good

PA
    Most women do Becky :eek:

6. Henry J.

Henry J. New Member

Mike, is that Becky's parrot on the bottom there ? LOL, Looks a little like it .

7. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Well put.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

He`s jealous, that`s all. Forgive him he`s weak.

9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

If you were in Wyoming, truck hunting is legal.

As far as the rest....the guys a dumbass.