1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Newest snake project--- Interior design gone wild LOL

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by wetnwild, Sep 9, 2008.

1. This is a gorgeous 5 foot green tre python I just finished for an interior designer in the big apple. The frame is made of flat black poplar, with double panes of glass inserted. it is going on a sea-foam green colored wall. It is a custom carved mannequin with cast head assembly. Very cool!!

2. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

All it needs now is a green neon light strip in the top. :D

3. ChipD.

ChipD. New Member

looks real good

4. LRB

LRB Member

AWESOME !!..... ;D

ML..

5. ace man

ace man New Member

thats a nice snake , how is it attached to the glass ?

6. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

"custom carved"....Does that mean you tapered it more on one end then the other? ??? :D

7. Gator, i epoxied the back to seal it with epo-grip and then used glass epoxy adhesive and glues it directly to the glass per the designer. And EJ, go play with your boar!!! LOL

8. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Beautiful snake Tom. did you tan that in Rittels and did it hold its color well?

9. You CANNOT tan them in Rittels. the color went from bright green to powder bue. I think it has to do with the loose pimentation of the species. They change colors may times throughout there growth, and i think that is the problem. for everything else, it is great!!

11. Dean, I ended up soaking it in denatured alcohol to toughten it up a bit then DP'd it