1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Timber rattler with cast head and new tail section LOL

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by wetnwild, Sep 10, 2008.

1. This litle beauty needed a new head and new section from vent to rattle. Sort of like being Dr. frankenstein Lol head was painted with airbrush for base tones, and Jim Allred finger paints for details and highlites

2. LRB

LRB Member

Tom....
    What is the name of that book....and where can I find one ???.. ???

Great work,as usual !!... ;D

ML

PS....Just did a quick search and Barnes and Nobel have the books...

3. ML, that book has the best reference photos you will ever find anywhere. great investment

4. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Great looking snake Tom as always.

5. Ravenson

Ravenson New Member

OK I am haveing problems finding that book on Amazon. What is the name of it?

Jeff

6. ChipD.

ChipD. New Member

That's awesome Tom

7. It is called " Rattlesnake" Portrait of a predator by Manny Rubio. It is put out by the smithsonion. It has color up close photos of every rattlesnake in the world, and their habits and location. Superb reference photos

8. ace man

ace man New Member

kind of hard to get a good look from your picture do you have a picture from a different angle . how did you make the missing tail section ? thanks

9. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Does it have canebrakes? ::) ;D

10. i seee your mckenzie magazines

11. Gator, here is the closeup you requested of the tail section. it also shows a good detailed photo of the painting on the cast head. the original tail section was ripped from ther body, and the head was shredded. i cast one off of one of my specimens, and then reattached tail in two places from the vent, and then again about two inches up using an imprint from the scale texture to blend in

12. ::) good looking snake Tom but you already know that. one of these days im gonna get you a pic of my first snake posted on here so you can Hammer me about it.

13. Lynn, my dear how are you?/ I'll put the time aside and give you a holler this week
    Tom

14. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Nice job Tom.If anyone is interested,I have an extra one of the Manio Rubio books,new,in the box,that I'll sell for $32 shipped.It has 1 or 2 canebrakes( I've seen better) and a few timbers but just has a ton of different species and quite a few head closeups .The photography is excellent though I wouldn't buy it just for canebrakes.If interested in the book,PM me rather than posting here.The first "I'll take it" gets it.

15. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

That book is sold,pending payment.