1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish reprodutions

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by kebees4, Dec 14, 2006.

1. kebees4

kebees4 New Member

Ohio
    Who has some of the better reproduction fish, I am looking for a 22" smallmouth with good mouth detail.

Thanks

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Try Gary Bruch's . His are nice.

3. Call McKenzie and get Ron Reynolds

4. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan Guest

heres some detail off of a 22" mold i have........ 8)

5. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan Guest

heres the head. 8)

6. ArtistPete

ArtistPete Member

Looked @ your website Capt Bryan--saw some nice fish that ya did but didn't see any blanks for sale--did i miss it?

7. kebees4

kebees4 New Member

Ohio
    Thats what I am looking for too is the blanks. I want a blank with good mouth details without breaking the bank. All of my mounts have been skin mounts until now. I see a lot of reproductions with no mouth details. That is what I want to avoid. My customer wants an open mouth that looks realistic.

8. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Lou Wynia has a great 22" smallmouth reproduction, with mouth and gill detail that you won't believe. I've got one hanging on my wall right now. wyniafishreplicas.com

9. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan Guest

I sell a few blanks.here and there.
    I don't mind selling them, but i don't want to get into mass production and away from the art..............
    Feel free to call me to discuss what you want.
    I'm recharging the batteries for my digital camera, i will shoot a picture of the inside of one of my mouths as soon as they charge, and then post it on here.
    In the meantime here a picture of a brook trout mouth, i'll post the smallie soon.. 8)

10. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan Guest

whoops, sorry for the same picture 2X :) 8)

11. kebees4

kebees4 New Member

Ohio
    Please e-mail me a price on a 22" smallmouth. What is the girth of it.
    kebees4@yahoo.com

12. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan Guest

Heres the bass mouth 8)

13. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan Guest

heres a 22" Albino channel cat i'm attaching whiskers on and painting.
    Just a blank detail shot ??? I that an oxy-moron? 8)

14. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan Guest

I have a 22"x16.5 and a 22"x16 The were measured before they were molded.
    The price is $120.00 with the mouth fully installed, Plus shipping......

15. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

Thank You Jimmy for the Plug. Here is the 22" x 18" I offer it also has a latex plug that needs installed. Check my website for pricing info. www.bruchsfish.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Keith D.

Keith D. New Member

I am glad this post came up, because I was going to have to start one if it didn't. I checked out your sites but didn't see what I need. I have been looking for a smallmouth blank in the 22.75 inch range, does anybody have one out there?

keith@goodstufftaxidermy.com

17. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

Very nice work I may add. I usually get all my blanks from Robert Kennedy. I see I may hafe to shop around a bit more. The m,outh detail on yours Gary and capt . you guys both are puting out some very quality blanks and in this field Thats what I strive for is quality.

18. kebees4

kebees4 New Member

Ohio
    Capt. Bryan could you post a picture of the smallmouth. I need an open mouth with a curve either direction.