1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"Our Vanishing Wildlife" by Wm. T Hornaday

Discussion in 'Taxidermy History' started by John Janelli, Sep 11, 2008.

1. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Recently the NTA Conservation Committee acquired a limited supply of professional quality CD audio books of this famous work by none other than William T. Hornaday, to be sent out on first come first serve basis. Written in 1912, Hornaday thought that so many species of our American and foreign wildlife species was doomed to extinction, that he recorded his predictions within this very book. Unfortunately, we did loose several species, but nothing close to what he foretold to be evident.
    All you need do is pop this CD into your player, sit back and relax or maybe even take it along on your next hunt to listen to in your 4X4. I promise that you will be amazed at seeing a side of Hornaday you may never have thought existed. There is no price for this CD not even for the postage and handling. All I ask is that an officer of any established taxidermists association ( president, vice-president or secretary) contact me for one copy to share with their members. Since the book was written and published back in 1912, it is now in the public domain which means that it can legally be copied again and again until every member who would like one is free to copy it from the ones I have now.
    A complete historic sketch of the work has been written by yours truly along with its chapter titles which will also be included with each free CD. Again there is no charge for this whatsoever to any taxidermy association that may like to have one for their members not even for postage and handling. We are currently involved in having more of our industry's books converted into CD format as well. This is the first of it's kind and we hope you enjoy it.
    Please send me an email or PM including your name, full address and what association you are an officer in.
    Remember these are for officers only to request one. To be sure if I had an unlimited supply, every taxidermist in the world would have one in the mail boxes ASAP.
    One word of caution; Since the book was written, the world has changed in very many ways. If you are offended by racial slurs, the "N" word or other ethnic discrimination, please use your own discretion beforehand.

John Janelli
    Chairman
    NTA Conservation Committee
    [email protected]
    1-877-JANELLI
    1400 - Central Ave.
    Union City, NJ 07087

2. John,

Hopefully you are getting PM's for this CD, as I am surprised no one has responded here. I would love to have one for my own personal use, you know I collect old taxidermy books and the like. If this is possible I would gladly pay for the CD and the shipping. PM or e-mail me when you get a chance.

Thanks,
    Mary

3. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

im with mary on this one. I guess i can speak up for one for the ATA, since Mitch Webb the president doesnt get on here due to dial up where he lives, and he is only 30 minutes away, i can get it to him John. If that wont work, let me know and i will personally have him call you to get the info you need to send it out to him. Russ

4. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Not a problem Mary, nor for you either Russ. For a while there I felt like a vendor trying to give away free hotdogs on the interstate with nobody pulling over for one, LOL! I have your address Mary, but Russ, if you would PM me yours, I'd love to send you one too. No charge for anything. I've been sending one to nearly every contact we made in the Conservation Committee. Oh and Mary, somebody finally is writing that book on the history of American Taxidermy. Shhhhh....it's suppose to have a huge chapter on ''women in taxidermy''. From what I hear, the guy's an amateur writer but has some friends in pretty high places to help with it. The Cd's will go out today and THANK YOU for your interest in this.