1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Opening day in NC

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by EJ, Sep 13, 2008.

1. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Well its a little after 1 and so far I've gotten 1 Whitetail call? I'm not sure if the guy lived after I quoted my price for doing a shoulder mount in velvet, but then again he was family so I gave him a deal! Had a 6lbs bass dropped off and some guy wanting a otter mounted. Will he bring it?

So hows the rest of the NC folks doing on work?

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

We have another two weeks till season in Ohio, but I took in 15 pieces last week, most of them were deer from last season!(LOL) That and a few l/s turkeys and 6 more fish. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

3. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Apparently bear season opened in NY. Took in a lifesize & a shoulder mount this afternoon.

4. pberry

pberry Member

Hey EJ I took in a little 5 pointer in velvet this morning. I will mount this one for cost though, I bet you can quess who killed this one,a short fat dude called pberry, congrats on the home page pic and Taxidermy Today you da MAN

5. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

EJ, All is slow around here on opening day Been working on bear rugs I thought pberry might fell sorry for me and let me practice on his deer ;D
    I don't take in much during bow season but Nov. LOOK OUT

6. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

It was too hot to hunt today... I talked to a buddy up in the mountains. He said he shot a fat nanny.

pberry,
    I guess I am gonna have to post a pic of my two ribbons since you got your's posted.

7. pberry

pberry Member

hey james ,its all i got so go ahead i won't call you a copycat, give me a call next time you are in washington

8. Kittrell Hill

Hey pberry you bring your deer for me to mount. Please don't hurt my feelings :'(

9. John L

John L Active Member

Well somebody tell me how proud they are of me or how crazy I am one or the other. Got my bow ready, but today I spent the day painting my daughter's bedroom.

10. Kittrell Hill

Sounds like you have your priority's right to me ;)

11. SteveP

SteveP New Member

John, You're crazy (J/K). I got off work at 5am and took my 12yr old son goose hunting, oiled guns, cleaned a goose and went to bed. All the while, my wife and sister painted my daughter's room. I'll work on the house tomorrow and bowhunt Monday, when it's nice out again.

12. Craig W

Craig W New Member

Its been a little slow here in the Piedmont,for me.Its time for things to start picking up.They were mostly seeing does around here yesterday.I went in the morning and didnt see a thing.

13. pberry

pberry Member

kitrell hill, if you will mount him as cheap as i will... it would be a honor