1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

-----New TERF Committee----

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by EJ, Sep 18, 2008.

1. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Hey folks I'm pleased to be the one to make this announcement, So Here Goes!

The NTA is pleased to announce that a new TERF committee has been selected and approved. Originally, the appointments were scheduled for October 1st, 2008; however, due to the impact of 2 hurricanes back to back this necessitated an earlier time frame. By making these appointments ahead of schedule this will allow the committee to begin working right away to assist taxidermists which have been affected by Hurricanes Gustav and Ike. TERF guidelines will continue to be the guidelines posted on the NTA TERF website. These guidelines are currently the only approved guidelines and will be used to make decisions on all requests.

TERF committee members are Mary Lou Crabtree of California, Eddie Johnson of North Carolina and Mel Kincheloe from Kansas.

Yep!... I through my name in the hat along with Mary Lou and Mel because when the founders started TERF it was a Truly Awesome Fund and with this New Start I think it can be again. I know it's going to take time to build back the trust, but right now the committee isn't to concerned with that. What we need is help from you guy's reaching people...I'm in NC, Mary Lou is in Cali and Mel is in Kansas. We've got to have help from the ones at Ground 0!...We need names, phone numbers and especially address! Now I'm figuring I'll have a record cell phone bill next month, but we've got to get hold of these Dermist that are in need. So lets see if we can pull this fund back together and help the people it was meant to help!

PS> Today is a new day and Yesterday is history!... I really ain't in the mood to study history today, so lets, let it go and try to help some people. OK?
    My email is [email protected]
    also: [email protected]
    Phone is (336)653-4983 I work 2nd shift if I don't answer please leave a message.

Mary Lou Crabtree - [email protected] (916) 725-4466

Mel Kincheloe - [email protected] (316) 755-2579

Thank you, EJ

2. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Congrats Hog head!!!!! ;) Good choice by the NTA.... :)

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Congrats E.J.!! Myself & the rsst of Texas will help you and the other comitee members in any way we can.

To the NTA, thank you for addressing problems. I am sure the entire Taxidermy community is very proud of all of you for that!

Go get'em E.J.!! My check is being mailed today! As you said, "Today is a new day and Yesterday is history!.." BTW, that is also my reply to you R.D. Vogler "Marsh" :)

4. oudrdave

oudrdave New Member

Very Cool to see the Change. They need all the help they can get.

5. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Congrats EJ and thank you to the NTA. Now let's get'r done and find some folks that need some help.

6. 3daddysinc.

3daddysinc. 3Daddys taxidermy studio and wildlife attractants

Whoooo Hooooooooo!!!!!!!! Congrats EJ.
    Make us proud...... ;D

7. Dang.....Yoooze quick. I deleted it within 5 seconds. I thought it may be inappropriate on this thread. ;)

Good luck, EJ, and thank you.

8. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

I know These folks will do the job and better yet, it brings a fresh look to the organization that has been needed for a long time....The individuals selected represent the whole country and will no doubt have a well rounded perspective!! Im tickled pink about this and I think its going to help the NTA in more ways than meets the eye.....And it will definatly help those who need it the most..... :)

9. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

Congrats EJ! Let's GIT'R DONE!!

10. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Nice going NTA

11. EJ

Thanks for the words if encouragement guy's!...It's kind of overwhelming I just received some pictures from Steve Germans place and I was like WOW! I setup until 3 or 4am Saturday morning watching news reports on CNN figuring I would see Micheal blow by a news camera... ;D...But its still hard to fathom just how much devastation there is! I asked if it would be OK if I posted some of the pics from Steve's place. I'm happy to say his claim has already been processed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. michael p.

Look at all the washed up grass & sticks!! It looks like the surge rolled right through his yard!! So glad you are doing what you are doing guys (and girl ;) ).

And once again, not to beat a dead horse to death, but thank you to the entire NTA leadership for taking the bull by the horns & working to improve things.

E.J., Mary Lou & Mel you have mine and many others support, use us if you need help, E.J.'s not shy so you two don't be either. If you need anything call me 979-968-5023, if I do not answer leave a message and your call will be retuned shortly.

BTW, the mail man already came by and there are 2 checks on the way to Slidell, LA as we speak :)

13. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

YEAH! Focusing on the positive here! YEAH! WAY COOL EJ! Congratulations! Thank you to you, Mary Lou, and Mel for taking this responsibility on! Y'all rock!

14. Your a good man EJ. you have a lot of responsibility with this post, but I know your the right man for the job!

15. EJ

Lets Hope! 8) It's been a busy weekend! :eek:

16. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

hope it is starting off well for ya!!!!!! ;)

17. michael p.

Well E.J., if TERF falls a little short in the funding department you could always put that pig of yours up. I'll start the bidding at $50! Do I here $75?

18. EJ

Something or somebody must of hit you in the head over the weekend!

19. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

$50, somebody should pay me for having to look at it every time I look at something taxidermy related.