1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Claim checks...who uses them & how?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by yelper, Sep 18, 2008.

1. yelper

yelper Do or Do Not.... There is no try

GA
    Whom of you use claim checks like they do at a dry cleaners? Do you give the customer anything (besides a receipt) when they drop off something & if so do you make them present it upon pick up? I new a guy that did it for a while & made people show him their driver's licence before he would give it back. Most seemed a little perturbed by it. I've not had any dispute that what they brought in was not what they are getting back, but I'm sure it will happen some day. What do most do?
    Thanks

2. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I give them the bottom half of the tag .. Its their "claim" check but Ive yet have anyone present it when they pick their deer up LOL.. Its more for them to feel like they have SOMETHING to show for dropping off their deer.. The other part of the tag goes on the antlers... That part is to make the warden happy.. They can see name, phone number, license and tag number.. and I also have a spot that says pose selected..