1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A few small gar Pics..

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by al from sc, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Caught a gar this morning and had my cammera..took a few pics,..

2. another,,

3. 1 more..

4. The markings found in these fish are as varied as anything I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing! That back shot is fantastic.

5. Lateral Line

Lateral Line The Sea Refuses No River...

Makes one wonder how many millions of years a fish of that type has been swimming around. The seem to be a perfect eating machine. Slender powerful body, camouflage markings and colors, and oh that mouth. Not much getting out of that once it snaps down.
    Too bad they have a reputation as a "trash" fish.
    How did you catch that one?

6. Hey,latteral line..if you come down to lake murray..you can catch them pretty easy,,before that one I had one up to the boat about 10lbs,,he broke off,,,and I cant understand they keeppa showing my hands and not my face on T.V....Ha..HAkk....LOL...

7. Kevin W.

Kevin W. New Member

has anyone tried eating a gar? ???They are actually pretty good, maybe not Canadian Walleye, but not too bad, it is a firm white meat. The worst part is skinning them.

8. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Great photos. How about posting them in the Reference Section?
    thanks, jerry

9. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi AL nice photos only thing is I am not in them. :)
    Scott.

10. Hey Kevin,,take the back strap of the gar..put in blender with potatoes,and onion..blend them up..make balls with bread crumbs and deep fry,,they arent to bad,,