1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"More" Sculptures By Chris Barnhardt

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by EJ, Sep 23, 2008.

1. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

I know a lot of you have had the opportunity to mount on forms sculpted by Chris, But here recently he has been casting some of his personal pieces and I was lucky enough to get my hands on one so I thought I would share it with you guys!

[​IMG]

The inscription is Matthew 18:4
    Whoever then humbles himself as this child,
    he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

I just noticed my picture isn't straight...Dang It! Sorry!...The picture really doesn't do it justice.

2. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Re: Sculptures By Chris Barnhardt

Is that a resin cast? Looks like one from the patina. I like it. I am sculpting a lifesize crucifix right now for a Catholic church. Very challenging. I think a person never really realizes or "sees" how much detail and complexity is in just hands until you have to sculpt or draw them.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Absolutely Jim. We always speak about the eyes of a deer making or breaking a mount. With art work, either flat or sculpted, I think the hands are what sets the talent level out there.

4. youngbuck66

youngbuck66 a fine maumee river walleye

what method is used to color the hands? I have been looking for methods for achieving that look for years.

5. EJ

I was at CG Products today and Chris had a couple of new sculptures completed so I asked if I could post some pic's because they are Good!

Moses
    [​IMG]

Jesus
    [​IMG]

6. EJ

I'm trying to get Chris to do an Angel next if we can find some good reference. ::) ;D

7. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Will this work.  It's as close as you will get.

[​IMG]

8. EJ

I said Angel!...Not Buddha! ::) ;D

9. Nice work. Thanks for sharing, EJ,. Now change that avatar! and lol at the Buddha :D

10. D.Price

Yous a big headed rascal, you know dat?

11. EJ

Hey!...Theres a few on here that keep rumoring that I have a big head among other thing's, so I thought I would just go with it.
    I guess next I could change my name to "Lord EJ"! ;D

12. ROTFLMAO!! You'll prolly lose quite a bit of friends. Dammit D.Price! you got me talkin' like a redneck now. :D

13. D.Price

Well you are from Southern Indiana. :D

14. EJ

Dats Right! Just go wid'it, MM! ;)

15. D.Price

EJ, how about photo shop me some wings on that pic, buddy.

16. Yeah, but I still have a hard time understanding, EJ and Perry. I have yet to talk to you, but after seeing what Michael said about your accent I doubt it would be worth my while. ;D

17. D.Price

Its a southern thang man, thats just the way it is.  You ought to see me trying to understand all these Yankees that are invading us down here.

And Mike is someone to be talking about understanding someone, call his shop and listen to his message.

18. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8 ;D

19. D.Price