1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

joe coombs boar noses

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by yelper, Sep 23, 2008.

1. yelper

yelper Do or Do Not.... There is no try

GA
    I see where he has a study cast nose. Has anyone used these as repalcement noses?
    Thanks

2. HAWKONE

HAWKONE New Member

no, but every time you use repoduction parts on an animal, you take the art out of taxidermy

3. maxman

maxman Member

Take the art out of taxidermy! Your kidding right?

4. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

You must use saline and a syringe and inject the eye's..insert and clay... Because if you bought GLASS eyes from a supplier, we'll then, It wouldn't be very artistic..

5. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

You'd also have to sculpt and mold each individual form.

6. I agree I was told tis last year by a judge that there are soooo!!! many oarts out threre now that you can use it justb gets down to who can put them together the cleanest...thats why when you use as many origiinal parts that can your score will definatly show for it.

7. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I know a lot of you dont use art. noses on hogs because of the expense. You should do a little molding like keith says & make your own. Much nicer mount IMO. Dont mention the little hairs. For comp. you can slip cast those noses & keep the little hairs in your art. nose. Best of both worlds.