1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whats a reasonable turkey mount cost.Flying

Discussion in 'Training' started by Huntr Pat, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Huntr Pat

Huntr Pat New Member

Just starting out and being doing mainly Euro mounts. Now staring a price list. I guess California cost would differ from places east of here to the east cost.

2. RDA

RDA Active Member

retail turkeys in my area (nevada) run from 900.00 to 1400.00 ...

3. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Add the following-time, materials, shipping,overhead. this will give you a price. If you are just starting out-maybe be sure you can do a "reasonable " mnt. also. Turks seem to give many troubles for some reason.

4. RDA

RDA Active Member

uhhhh eerr Yeah what Jeff said too!!! :D

5. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

Im at $1,000 for a flying turkey. If your in California you may be able to charge more than that. If you use a freeze dried head... it costs. If you use quality forms, eyes...it costs. Lastly, is your quality worthy of charging a premium price? all these things have to be taken into consideration when setting prices.

6. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

WOW.........When I was running a studio,I was doing good to get 450 + 50 or 60 for a freeze dry head...................Is that a western price?..............Not knocking the price..........them buggars are worth it...............

7. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

1000$ man i need to move to where you live, 650 here for a good mount . you can get them allot cheaper though.

8. I get em done wholesale for 350.00 and charge 700.00 or more depending on pose.

9. tazzymoto

who is your wholesaler?

10. tazzymoto

Call Caly Morris, He dose an excellent mount for 595$

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Tom, Steve, I'm with you guys. Ron must be charging them by the gallons of gas he uses. I get $600 here.

12. tazzymoto

No shit George , i would wholesale them all daylong at that price, I'd get rich doing nothing at all , Thats what most people think us taxidermist do anyways!

13. northflorida

northflorida New Member

In Florida we get $700 for flying . $600 for standing and $750 for full strut

14. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Got a email from this guy a while back about wholesale birds. http://www.cedarglenwholesalebirdtaxidermy.com/

15. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I get 600.00-650.00, but I really suck at them.

16. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I don't do a Calley Morris quality mount but I do a respectable mount for $650. If I did as many as he does I'd be a lot better but I only get 3 or 4 a year. Good luck ,JL

17. Huntr Pat

Huntr Pat New Member

I guess I 'll just do a fan mount. on a piece of wood.