1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#52 2 year Anniversary!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Sep 26, 2008.

1. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

congrats Mr. Krane,,,,,Ya LOOK HAPPY!! ;)

2. Lateral Line

Lateral Line The Sea Refuses No River...

I love the Koi Kirby!!
    What did you use to make the barbles? It doesn't look like they were cast in the mold
    Carp are one of my favorite fish to angle for, and I have caught a few Kio along the way, Awesome!!!!

3. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    My first attempt at using Liquid Scales. So far I really like them , Now if I can only do them justice. ( the learning curve you know).Also, only the second fish to incorporate the pearl-xpowders. This is a 11 3/4 bluegill replica. Great looking fish this wk and again congrats Rick and Kathy.
    Regards
    Jon Emmick

4. Congratulations Rick and Cathy. Hope you have a great life.

Great fish work everyone

5. Craig W

Craig W New Member

Red drum

6. Craig W

Craig W New Member

Congrats Rick!!

This is a repaint.Its a old display fish I had in a store.

7. Craig W

Craig W New Member

This is another pic of the large bluefish I molded.I think this pic is a little better

8. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Congrats Rick!

Here is my second garfish (Belone belone) or needlefish whatever you call it there. Molded and cast customers fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rami

9. Rick, enjoy your Honeymoon !
    Chad See, I like your custom cast of the Tiger Trout ...nice Stocky Fish !
    This week I have a customer Cutthroat Trout, Arp's blank, as I don't have a mold that size.

10. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Jemmick-

I usually use them full strength as a base, first thing I do after your antiquing. By using a photo find all the gold, bronze, red, blue etc., and paint them with a smaller brush following the scale edges and shapes carefully. Then do your airbrushing on top of them as usual. Or if you want to use them later as you were, then thinning them down about 50/50 with water so they will be more subtle. Using red on red, blue on blue, gold on gold, etc, etc. And usually fade them out, by using smaller strokes as you paint higher or lower. AS with any painting you have to notice where a certain color starts and fades to. But you are beginning to understanding how to paint what you see, great first job using LS!

Jeff

11. bnoody

bnoody Member

Here is my first contribution to the week in fish pictures. I have admired everyones work for a long time and have learned a lot of great tips from many of you. I need to get some good indirect lighting for taking pictures, this is one picture with a flash and one without. Neither one quite captured the depth of the color. I think I have as much to learn about photography as I do taxidermy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Thanks for your input Jeff. I understand just what you mean Ill try that .(I always want to blame the camera, but it tells alot huh LOL) Again great products. You CAN teach an old dog new tricks. We 've come a long way from the automotive paints of 35 yrs ago! Thanks again Jeff !

13. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

bnoody, Anyway you slice it, that is a very nice looking smallmouth. with or without flash, Great job, Bill

14. Here's a DALMB-30. Seems to be a popular size. Third one for me this summer.
    [​IMG]

15. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Just Fish, I think I just caught that fish last wk, looks real to me!!

16. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Great job on the bass JUST FISH. Very lifelike. Nice work this week.

17. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

sorry forgot to take pics of this and this is the only one I managed to get :-X starfish repro ;D

18. bruce foster studio

bruce foster studio New Member

custom mold...over 1200 molds available

19. RDA is that an Amazon sitting on top his cage??

20. Henry J.

Henry J. New Member

WOW !!! NICE BASS JUST FISH !!