1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

deer head question

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Michael, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

I have a customer who hasen't retured my call till now i have had to replace the original cape do to and ear issue (had a BB sized hole in it) i called this person back in the spring and now they finally got back with me, could i charge them full price plus cape fee or the other half plus cape.

2. You didn't have to replace the cape, that would have been a very easy fix for you to do. Your call on what you do now.

3. Matt

Matt New Member

I agree, that should've been an easy fix. Hopefully your client was aware of the situation, and the additional charges for the cape.

4. Master Rassmuessen is back boys and girls. :D

5. why did u just sew up the hole or get on here and ask questions there are a lot of very talented taxidermist on her that can help think about this in the future

6. Michael

Michael New Member

i didn't get the deer until four days after the kill it was in the 50's and 60's that week, and the hair started slipping from the back of the ear. so i just replaced it in stead of tinkering with it, and she is aware of the extra charge.

7. Can you show us a pic of the completed mount? I'm anxious to see how far your work has advanced I'm sure it's "top notch" by now. Thanks!

8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Would it be easer to sew a patch on it? A whole cape? I thought Indiana people were smarter then that.

9. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I would have sewn on a new ear, I would like to see pictures, of it. Also what pose are the ears, and what mannikin?

10. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

ole rassy is back, and i see your not any smarter now than you were a year ago, replacing a cape over what you first said was a bb size hole, now has changed to slippage, so what it is? you have not changed a bit, i can see our hopes and prayers have not been answered ;D

11. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

What does being from Indiana have to do with Assmunchin's ignorance Mr.T LOL.

12. We Indiana people are smarter. And we can spell than. We Indiana people thought Michigan people could enunciate better than that.

13. nibjones

Now Todd, sume uve use cin.

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Anybody remember this one???
    ROTFLMAO!!!!

How about this one???

15. nibjones

I knew you wouldn't be to far away MP!

16. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I gas I soud hav post'd "Macy Indiana" inst ed of Indian'er Peoples in genral.

17. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Nobody can top the gutt'n stick story! Thats a clasic!

18. Hey Michael, these guys are some kidders ,eh? Heck if it was a BB hole that was slipping you have to do what you thought the customer would have thought that you would have wanted to do heck if she was only 14 what does she know anyways and your the taxidermist right what if the farmer wouldn't of let you hunt on his land you would have never even got that 38 inch spread buck but you did and it was stole from you but you still got that big 38 inch spread buck and you became a legend among all of us when you used a stick that some Indian chef told you how to make to gut that big ol buck before it was stoled from you that was taken from the firld where you shot that 38 inch spread buck that the farmer said only you could hunt his property. Could you please post some more pictures of you most recent mounts?

Also very interseted in how the new forms are coming along WE NEED a supplier that isn't out for themselves and wants to work with the stuggling taxidermists and their customers who can only afford $250.00 or so for a good buck mount!!!! Please keep us up to date on the status.

John (aka 38)

19. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Isn't someone still waiting for their reproduction rack, that you were going to make from that picture of a deer you copied off of ebay or something like that?

20. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

His last account got kicked off ebay. http://myworld.ebay.com/pahana-2007

Now John he doesn't make forms he makes foarms so much better they added an 'a' for grade A quality :D :D

Wonder how big a hit his business took with the market dropping. I remember finding all thsoe financial questions on http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,68608.0.html

I knew the goodbye wasn't real -
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,69671.msg437933.html#msg437933

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D