1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need help measuring my 1st foxes eye

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by WRBH, Oct 3, 2008.

1. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

I have a question Ya'll. I'm getting ready to start my second mount, plan on doing a fox. I was giving a neat Fox form. I have two different foxes I can use. problem is not 100% sure how I measure to make sure I get the right size eye. One Fox is still whole, froze it whole vs skinning it. The other one is completly salt dried, and was given to me that way as a gift by a wonderful member on here.
    I'm just not sure how I do the measuring? I figure the whole one I just use calipers and measure it's eyes. ( Let me know if that isn't right please) But the salt dried one I'm notreally sure what to do, and help would be apprciated. Thank You in Advance.

2. sluggunner

sluggunner New Member

Re: Need help measuring a a Foxes eye

Well you cant measure the eye since it isnt there...but the average Gray Fox has a 14mm eye,so unless its unusually small or large,Id just go with a 14mm.

3. HOOKJAW

HOOKJAW Member

The suppliers make it easy ----The form you choose will have a recommended eye size listed next to it. Since you have a form just find out who manufactured it and look up the eye size.