1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wow, what a reminder it's deer season!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michael p., Oct 6, 2008.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I was chatting with some friends earlier this evening & I noticed one of them kept staring at my neck in a very peculiar way....a little later I felt an itch & it was sure enough a big ol'fat tic!!!! ;D

Miranda's always scared I'm gonna give the dog fleas and not the other way around....after skinning this Bobcat I got in today I think she may have a point :-[ ;)

2. When I come in sometimes my wife gives me the once over before I can get in bed, and not the kind of once over I would like. :D

3. you need to get dipped in flea/tick powder before you enter the house again [lol],
    also spray them dam flies on screen.... :)

4. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

I thought you were going to say your neck was swelling because you were in rut ;D

5. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

6. HOOKJAW

HOOKJAW Member

I was thinking he was starting to rut also. I told my wife to watch her back this time of year...especially if I start rubbing the bed posts and start scraping the leaves rather than raking them. Gotta love this time of year.

7. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

I answered my phone the other day and as soon as I hung up a dang tick bit my ear! Hate those things!

8. I hired a 20 year old hottie to work at the plant and the first time she saw a tick she said to me" so, will you check me for ticks every night?!" I damn near had a heart attack, but recovered nicely and said I'd be glad to. I know, I know, not worth posting without pics. I will take some and post. I know the hunters and outfitters are hanging around way too much!

9. DILLWEED

DILLWEED www.burkholderswildlifestudio.com

Hurry up and get those pics on here , LOL ;D ;D

10. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

Fritz, you might as well have not posted without the pictures man ;D all i heard was blah blah blah, then "young hottie" and blah blah blah :D

11. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

Also a reminder that it does not take deer season to get ya bit. I was bit in mid april last week i was diagnosed with lymes so PLease be careful these IV's everyday for a month are not fun.

12. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

IV's??? Let me guess Sandy, you don't have them run a Lyme's Western Panel on you every year and now you've got advanced Lyme symptoms??? I've had it 5 times now and learned that taking those little white pills for 10 consecutive days is MUCH easier.

13. #1 headhunter

#1 headhunter New Member

I have one hunting club I'm in, that if I go there, I come home with one somewhere.,usually not in a good place. I have been fighting them all summer. You are right about the Lyme disease, that's bad business.

14. do ya need anymore help in the plant ??? ;D

15. you know buckrub, I'm getting that question a lot these days! She said she will doll up for pics in the next day or so. Patience boys, patience!

16. Roger E

Roger E Member

MT
    George, could you please explain about the "Lyme's Western panel? Thanks in advance...

17. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

There are 21 known strains of Lyme's disease. A standard Lyme check involves only 10 of the most common strains. The "Western Panel" checks for all 21 strains. If you don't ask for it, many doctors will just order the standard panel. I don't know if they think they're saving you money but if you have some of those rarer strains, you can continually deteriorate and much valuble time could be wasted. Some doctors simply refuse to understand the constraints of the disease. After my third bout, I learned everything I could about it, especially after having been "vaccinated" supposedly for it years back. The vaccination is useless in humans but you all should learn as much as you can. This disease can ultimately be devasting if not treated promptly.

18. solway

solway New Member

lymes diseas . unfortunatly for me i had it last year landed me in hospital for 3 days . if you get a tick bite keep an eye on it .a signe of lymes is a red ring around the bite that gets bigger and bigger. lymes can also lay dorment in your body for a few monthes before you get any phisical problems . not all ticks carry lymes so dont panik when you bitten. always keep an eye on tick bites and if your not shure go see your doctor. better to be safe than sorry.

19. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

i find the ticks and fleas all the time. hate those dang things.

20. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

Thanks George for the info It was a quiz session this am, I will have my answer by lunch and if not the got the blood to titer the test, The bite did ring and I did go to the clinic but where i was bit the Doc said it was just the tissue reacting....yeah right! 3 weeks ago I started flu like symptoms that just never went away ...Hell of a way to loose 35 pounds. On an up note I am feeling better except by noon when I am fatigued and nauseated. Other than that it's work as usual.