1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ducks of the year...Year 2008

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jsbirds, Oct 7, 2008.

1. jsbirds

jsbirds I think I can, I think I can...

I figure now that duck season has opened in some places and is going to open soon let start a thread of photos of the ducks harvested. If a thread like this has already been started sorry since I have not been online for a while.

2. take em

take em New Member

Re: ducks of the year...

here is my 12 year old son first duck hunt. This is the youth hunt that is the Saturday before regular season.

3. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

OK, I will play

Two mallard hens

[​IMG]

Rami

4. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Good idea for a thread. Our seasons doesnt open for another week.

5. Re: ducks of the year...

great Idea! hopefully I will have some Pics Saturday when our season opens.

6. Re: ducks of the year...

Regular Opener is this Saturday, but here's a pic of a 3 man limit during early Teal season. I'm on the right.

[​IMG]

7. Skip Miller

Skip Miller New Member

These are the results from a recent hunt in Canada. We did this well every day of the 6 day hunt. This group took us 90 minutes to harvest. We also got Sand Hill Cranes, Sharp Tail and Hun's. It sure was a blast.

8. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Here's my 12 yr old son and I after working for this one. Solid pinfeathers but, I think it's the largest honker I ever shot. I'm 6'1". I wish I had weighed it. :-\

9. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Here's my 12 yr old and 9 yr old after last Sunday's successful hunt. We don't really know who shot what on most of them. There's a Black Duck in there somewhere, along with another honker, a GWT, and two Mallards. All good eaters. Pinfeather city on every one of them. Off to SD in two weeks. Should be better feathers then, at least on the puddle ducks.

10. Re: ducks of the year...

they stayed around for the WA opener today limited out with the first flock of the morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

couldn't resit one of Avery and the birds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Re: ducks of the year...

beautiful Specks. Love those things. Just 2 of us headed out for the Nebraska opener. We were 2 birds short of our limit, but had to get going to get back. 8 Teal, 1 Pintail, 1 Shoveler.

Jason

12. coontrapper_lol

coontrapper_lol New Member

does any one have a white fronted goose / speckal belly goose they could gift

13. alabamarutandstrut

alabamarutandstrut Hero's are people who help people in need.

coontrapper, I've got a canada goose as a gift if you like, one I shot on a trip back home in nebraska last year 2007. I'm in Nebraska right now doing some taxidermy for a friend who's behind in his work.re until latenov. Can call me here at 1-402-766-3705,at stilllife taxidermy.should be here until late nov.

ALABAMA RUT AND STRUT TAXIDERMY
    1347 CO. RD. 5 REPTON,AL. 36475

14. coontrapper_lol

coontrapper_lol New Member

Will give u a call on monday about the canada goose thanks

15. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Jordanlybeck - Glad to see you got into those Specks! Good looking adult birds too.
    Skip - That is too much fun there! Did you get into any with full plumage? What a hunting trip!
    My brother and I got into limits of ducks and a couple geese while fighting freezing winds and an alkali dust storm from hell on our statewide opening day...

[​IMG]

16. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Dang Patrick, nice show. No drake spoonies though???

17. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Ha ha. No Jeremy... not yet. We were only after brown spoonies. lol. I really do love those late season spoony drakes though!

18. RDA

RDA Active Member

hunt lake Abert down on the border of cali/Oregon if ya want spoonies by nov, the place crawls with em.... pass shoot right off highway 395... ;D ;D ;D

19. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

nice mixed bag! 8)

20. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Thanks. RDA we get enough of them here locally to satisfy me... ha ha. Somedays it seems like that's all there is to shoot. They really don't get the credit they deserve. I love a nice "Smiling Mallard." I actually have a nice pair of them, shot in late January in SoCal, mounted in a glass case. They were done by Stefan Savides several years ago. I'm very proud of that trophy display honestly.