1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy School

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by arhanna, Oct 13, 2008.

1. arhanna

arhanna New Member

Anyone familar with Dan Rinehart Taxidermy School in Wisconsin? How about American Institute of Taxidermy in Wisconsin? I live in Wisconsin and want to start up taxidermy as a hobby and am trying to find a good place to start learning. Any information would be appreciated.

2. Wildlife Obsessions

Wildlife Obsessions New Member

Take a look at Northwest Iowa School of taxidermy, Tom Matuska is a great guy and you will learn a out. he gives 9 week or week courses

3. Norste

Norste New Member

I agree with Wildlife Obsessions. Excellent school and Tom Matuska is a great guy and a wonderful teacher.

4. zubba

zubba New Member

The above mentioned names have good reps.

I recommend Todd Smith in Pittsfield, IL. Todd's training is awesome. One on one. Todd's work is top notch and he is full of information. What I learned in two days was 100x times more that I learned from any video or from my previous mounts. Todd is a standup guy and backs it all with his awesome whitetail mounts. This by far has been the best investment I have ever made. I actually can't wait to go back.

Todd makes you feel at home and is very accomodating. He will teach you anything and everything you wanted to know about taxidermy. His quality work, location, training techniques, and facilities makes him a top notch trainer.

Do yourself a favor and invest and in his training. You won't be disappointed. Here is a link to his website
    http://web.mac.com/taxidermy/Smith_Taxidermy_/Welcome.html

5. From the threads on here I'm just about ready to contact Boxie out of Texas, some of the most beautiful whitetail work that I have ever seen, you may also want to consider calling him.

6. hugh_glass

hugh_glass New Member

I would say North West Iowa school of Taxidermy. I just got done with their summer classes. You will learn alot and they really cover everything. Deffinatly worth the money