1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Painting a Skin Mount LMB

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Cole, Oct 13, 2008.

1. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Very nice, thanks Cole, marking

2. THANKS for the tips! Can't wait to try them on my next bass!!! (Isn't this just the coolest site ever?!?!?) =)

3. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Do it! Thanks for sharing.

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I did. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,196826.0.html

5. shammy

shammy New Member

Great job Cole, thanks for the tips, excellent way to lighten up fish.

6. Cole you are an unbelievable artist I am always amazed at your work, thanks for a great post and tutorial!

7. bear_country01

bear_country01 Active Member

Cole
    That is awsome work. Thanks for the post.

8. farikhah

farikhah really really want develop taxidermy in my country

Cole,
    please inform me, where I can buy a set of paint like the picture below and how many money I should be prepared to buy that paint? thank you very much for the answer.

9. here's one place you can purchase them online; I don't think you've got any of the art supply stores we have that carry it in your area, but you never know.

http://www.amazon.com/Jacquard-Products-Pearl-Powdered-Pigments/dp/B000BGSZFU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1281814428&sr=8-1

10. farikhah

farikhah really really want develop taxidermy in my country

Thank's for your information. If I buy them on line, is any guarantee that powders come to me in my home (Indonesia)?

11. RokSAN

RokSAN New Member

I'm sorry because that is a little out of topic but I'm still pretty much in beginning of taxidermy. Please let me someone explain me what kind of material is that which you are guys are using for mouth on second photos. I was always looking for hide paste but I think that isn't that. can you please explain me !

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Apoxie Sculpt

13. RokSAN

RokSAN New Member

Thank you! Now I know what I'm looking for!
    This Apoxie Sculpt I can buy just in USA? Can I replace with some other materila or how can maka it my self.
    Shipping from US is to expensive so I must improvise!
    Any suggestion, please! :-\

14. got2stuff

got2stuff New Member

Thanks Cole , alot of great tips , that was exactly what I needed !

15. jklaus

jklaus New Member

Very nice.

16. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

!!!!!! Saving

17. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

It maybe just me, but the head area, top lip to the dorsal fin looks way too flat. Seems the head is tilted back, lower is tilted up almost to a 45º angle. The colors are great. As a fishing guide and taxidermist this just does not look correct.

18. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

No, you are correct 100%. Fortunately in the last 7 years I have corrected that on my fish mounts. LOL

19. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

I just got several dvds from Rick Krane, and After seeing how you added the white over the scales on your bass. I tried it on mine, liked how it really lited up the color. Normally they dry so dark is rough to not have a bass looking as if it was black. I would post a few pics of mine put between my cell phone and here my computer skills are lacking. I do like your process for doing bass.

Jim

20. I'm glad you brought this back up Jim, I have a couple bass coming up in the next couple weeks. I did one with this schedule a few years ago and they turned out great. I don't do many fish so remembering these posts, and finding them is hard for me to do.
    Thanks Cole.
    Jim