1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

detachable antler questions

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Adam, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Adam

Adam New Member

I am doing three elk that need detachable antlers. I am thinking about making the pins myself using keystock and square tubing, however, there is a little wiggle in the keystock because it is a little smaller than the square tubing. I would like to mold something inside of the square tubing to tighten up and stop the wiggling but because it is two metal surfaces I am not sure what will work best to stick to the sqare tubing and release the key stock, any suggestions? I hope this make sense. ??? ???

adam

2. bill@hogheaven

bill@hogheaven New Member

Por a kast or a similar product.

3. I tried that and found that by the time I had fiddled with all that it was much faster for me, to just order the detachable antler kit from Research...they do work excellent and I just put one in a Caribou I mounted this weekend. There is very little play and it stays solid. I would suggest that to go that way...good luck.

4. jstady2002

jstady2002 Guest

ummm weld a little bead....grind to a firm fit. bout the fastest way if you got the equipment.

5. NICKYG

NICKYG "IS IT ALIVE, OR WAS IT MOUNTED BY GLORIOSO?"

Going with Supply company detachable hardware might save you$$$ because you may spend more time than it is worth on it.....Also, you can just buy 1 detachable antler kit...Usually only one side NEEDS to come off on ig elk to get them in your house

6. One wrap of electrical tape will take away the wiggle.