1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ticks

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by al from sc, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Is it me..or does this year seem like more ticks on deer than last year ??? ???..I hate them little [email protected]##

2. I have gotten in a couple coastal deer, who are always infested anyway. But, sheesh.... I was washing out handfulls of them! YUCK!

3. Tim

Tim Olean,NY

ny
    Oh great ! I hate them,i almost crashed my truck looking in the rear view and had one crawling across my eyebrow!double yuk!!

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

This summer, they seemed to be bad but most of the deer coming in only had a few. Tim, you would've hated the one that tops all times for me. I had one come in last season I couldn't even cape. I had to freeze it first, there were hundreds crawling off of it on to my table. I was iching for a week!(LOL)

5. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Same here Matt...I will throw a head in the freezer in a heartbeat if them suckers are all over it...takes about three days to do the trick. I don't like them crawling on me...they go right to the groin..oouch

6. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

It's been cold here lately & I haven't had as many as last year. I hate those little buggars. Ivan eats a lot of spicy/garlicy foods. He finds 5-50 ticks a week (depending on spring/summer/fall) on his jeans/legs/arms but they never burrow in. That same tick, on me, will crawl around looking for a place to have breakfast lunch & dinner for eternity. :mad: Dang things. Mosquitoes don't bite him either. ::) Oh well.