1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1 site for ALL SORTS of rates for A WHOLE bunch of shipping companies!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Lisa M, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I found a web site that will figure out the postage for "Search for rates from FedEx®, UPS®, DHL®, Purolator®, the U.S. Postal Service®, Canada Post® and local couriers." You can compare apples to apples. They've got a goofy name for the site, but it works great. Here's the site.

www.shipgooder.com

I didn't realize that DHL, FedEx, UPS & all them figure out a "dimensional weight". I was confused when I was entering the dimensions of a box that I KNEW weighed 25 pounds and was 31 inches tall, by 24 inches wide, by 24 inches deep, and the site automatically recalculated the weight of my box to 93 pounds. Turns out they all charge us for the space the box takes up as well as the actual weight. ::)

Anyway, under the advanced options tab, you can enter dimensions for boxes. They figure out the dimensional weight of a box. Then they give you shipping quotes for ALL SORTS of companies. Attached is an example I just created...shipping a package from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale.

2. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Thanks Lisa, that will come in handy !!!!!

3. Lisa M

Yes it will be handy Heath! I read it in Readers Digest in a doctors waiting room and I couldn't help but get excited! Then I came home & tried it, learned about the dimensional weight thing, contacted their customer service department, and whaddaya know, they wrote back in less than 12 hours. It was awesome. Anyway, you're welcome! I find good things, I have to share! ;)

4. Curtis

Curtis Member

TN
    Thanks for the find Lisa, I will definatly be using that

5. Lisa M

Curtis I'm more thrilled than I can even say that it'll help even one person!! ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)