1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

pig tusk wetters

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ozy clint, Oct 23, 2008.

1. what do you pros do? i mounted a boar of mine, my 1st, after drying the wetters shrivelled up like sultanas. today i cut them off and repo'ed them with apoxie sculpt. looks good now. is there a way of keeping them plump or is repo the standard practice? thanks.

2. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi what works for me are the reproductions,There are some real nice ones out there, very realistic.Hope this was some help
    Scott.

3. HAWKONE

HAWKONE New Member

i don't understand, the wetters are made of bone. just cut them out of the skull boil them to break them free,flush what little meat is in them and let them dry. i have never needed to replace with repos unless one was missing or broken

4. the problem with useing org teeth is cracking and dicoloration. so dont them . i use the repo ones never had a complaint. they are better in my opion and make a nicer mount. im sure someone will say differant but the customer asks for the org, then by all means do it.... but i tell them if they crack ill get them new ones for 65.00 they tend to go repo after that mark c

5. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Real ones at owners risk, no guarentee.

6. if you have made a cast off of an original then, I would say ok it would prbably look good myself real 100% of the time, I have yet to se a supplu company that sells a set thats worth a crap! IMHO most of you think of Hogs as ugly critters myself I think they are majestic animals....so what I consider ugly and crap others may see beauty.

7. beautifully said what a poet!!