1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anglers Artistry is now booking for 2009 Workshops

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rick Krane, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

2009 Workshops

Anglers Artistry is now booking the 2009 One on One workshop! Join the talented family of Anglers Artistry Taxidermists who share in the same enthusiasm and passion for Fish Taxidermy as you.

The One on One workshop is what I provide and have for the past 2 decades. Learning in this environment of One on One gives you and me the opportunity to truly focus and concentrate on your goals in a completely custom environment with no distractions.
    Described as intense, fun, and rewarding this knowledge based hands on workshop is geared for the motivated individuals both beginner and national competitor alike, who have the desire to learn how to achieve fish art at a higher level of quality.
    Traditional skin mounts, to custom molding and reproductions fish work you will have the comfort and time to learn the most advanced fish techniques in the industry today.

As a leader in the taxidermy community and the owner of the premier fish training studio, it is and has been my commitment to push the envelope by creating and innovating new and more efficient methods of learning and better understanding that translates in to success for you. As an award winning Taxidermist with a professional education in fishery biology, my goal is to provide you the best environment to learn in so that you will leave here with a eye opening understanding not only of taxidermy skills and techniques as it relates to fish, but of fish so that you will take your work to the highest level you can!

Industry setting cutting edge innovation for 2 decades of teaching practice has helped produce State, National and World championships for some past Anglers Artistry family members along with having a great enjoyment and satisfaction for your own work!

From the complete beginner to the most advanced competitive taxidermist Anglers Artistry will make a custom workshop to meet your needs and help you achieve your goals!

Every workshop is designed to provide you a stress free, fun atmosphere while learning how to achieve the highest quality fish techniques. Each and every member of the Anglers Artistry family is just that a part of a big family! Many past members have taken full opportunity of making friends across the country with other Anglers members. I mention this, as this over the years has become a true part of the post workshop experience. Sharing information, fish and friendship along with networking for great outdoor adventures make this aspect of Anglers Artistry notable!

Here are some of the custom one on one options for the 2009 workshop services:
    • 1-30 day workshop custom classes
    • Skin mounts real and custom parts open gills workshops
    • Reproduction workshops
    • Painting workshops
    • Anatomy and custom carving pedestal mount workshops
    • Casting and mold making workshops
    • Design and competition habitat workshops
    • Special wood carvers workshops
    All workshops are totally custom to you and only your needs!

Room and board is available at the farm nestled in the mountains of beautiful New England. Generous meals and lots of fun go hand and hand with your workshops.
    We never watch a clock or charge by the hour. You time is your time we will work until the day is done! In a 10-day workshop most students can fish up to 4 fish. We offer combination workshop with reproductions and skin mounts. Your workshop is recorded in digital photos for you along with great value of additional take home material as part of your workshop.

I’m Rick Krane and I take my reputation as one of the premier leaders in fish instruction seriously. I have dedicated myself over the past 2 decades to becoming the best teacher I can be. A full time studio and full time teacher in fish taxidermy, I will take your goals and reputation as seriously as my very own! There are many choices today and some wonderful teachers for some to look over and to spend their time and money with to learn taxidermy. We are not all born with equal talent, so choose a great teacher who can teach all levels of talent and ability to reach the most you have in you!

Thanks you for taking your time to read this information and considering Anglers Artistry as your choice to learn fish taxidermy!

My very best to you!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry

Here are several pictures of this past years workshop participants and Top Award winners from 2008 and the beautiful work they completed over the past 12 months. Please take the time and enjoy the work of folks just like you who took the first step!

The Anglers Artistry 2008 Student workshops participants!

Mr. Travis Jones Sea Board, North Carolina
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Mike Meszaros of Lloyd Minster, Saskatchewan, Canada
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Jimmy Lawrence Bedford, Iowa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Chuck Dore Concord, New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

Mr. Rick Dunlap Buckhannon, West Virginia
    [​IMG]

Mr. Chuck Morrow McClellandtown, Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

Mr. Dwayne Pitman Linden, North Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Dan Smithgal Comstock Park, Michigan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [IM [​IMG] G]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/RKrane04/DSC_0263.jpg[/IMG]

Mr. Kyle Fleet Byron Center, Michigan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Michigan workshop
    Mr. Joe Miles Allegan, Michigan
    Mr. Randal Waits Mount Morris, Michigan MI
    Mr. Charlie Walker Holland, Michigan
    Mr. Mike Bush Allegan, Michigan
    Mr. Terry Weick Hopkins, Michigan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Brad Jones Cicero, Indiana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Travis Peterson Ketchikan, Alaska
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Scott Sheehan Tewksbury, Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

Mr. Eddie Casas Manvel, TX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. John Nelson Townsend, Massachusetts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Upcoming November December Students
    Mr. Shawn Cantwell Cummington, Massachusetts
    Mr. Pat McGuder Carson City, Nevada
    Mr. Martin Green Victoria, Australia
    Mr. Gary Powell Spring Creek, Nevada

I take great pride in the personal accomplishments of the motivated and hard drive talented Taxidermist who are members of the Anglers Artistry family!
    This years 2008 list of Anglers Artistry family members Top Award Winners

Mr. Bill Willis Edmore, MI Best of Show Professional Fish Ohio Taxidermy Association
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Chad See Elkins, West Virginia. West Virginia Taxidermy Association BOC cold water Masters
    [​IMG]

Mr. Cory Foth Peabody, Kansa Best of Show KS
    [​IMG]
    First place Bass
    [​IMG]

Mr. Corey Logo Greenville, Pennsylvania, Virginia Taxidermy Association BOC Warm and cold water Professional West Virginia Taxidermy Association
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Jimmy Lawrence Bedford, Iowa. First Best of Category, Star Fish award Best reproduction Fish IA, Missouri taxidermy Association First Place best of category.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Paul Czarnecki Waterford, Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania Taxidermy Association Best Of category Best fish McKenzie Award Best fish Masters, Ohio Taxidermy Association Best of Show Fish Masters Championship Medallion best Fish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr.Terry Weick Hopkins, Michigan Best of Show the Wisconsin Taxidermy Association, Best of Show the Michigan Taxidermy Association, First Place Maters Ohio Taxidermy Association
    [​IMG]
    Funny picture of a very talented taxidermist!
    [​IMG]

2. All I can say is ITS WORTH IT. Rick's teachings speak for themselves and as you see has the pics to prove it. I highly recommend his classes to anyone looking to learn or better themselves in the field of fish taxidermy. You will learn more then imaginable at his classes and the most important thing is he gives you "NEW EYES" :eek:. Really!!! You will never look at another fish the same again.

Great classes with great people & great food.

Man those pics make me realize just how much I miss being up there.

Rick..... YOUR THE MAN!!!!!!!!

3. Nick2021

Nick2021 Member

I also recommend Rick Krane to anybody wishing to learn or advance themselves in fish taxidermy. I took his class about 2 years ago and plan on taking some advanced lessons later next year for warm water fish...Rick is a stand-up guy and goes out of his way to make you succeed. All of the photos he posts of his student's work speaks for itself and is a reflection of Rick's reputation as one of the best instructors I have known. If there's anything I could recommend, it's to bring warm clothing during the winter months as it's VERY cold outside! ;D

4. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

I cant really add anything to what has already been said, but I'll try!

Aside from being one of the best fish taxidermists in the world and a patient and knowledgeable teacher, Rick is a fantastic person. He knows how to get the most out of you and his teaching style is such that you retain what you learn. If you are even considering doing fish taxidermy, you simply can not go wrong with Rick Krane. He is just plain and simple, good people.

Rick, let me take this time to THANK YOU again for all you did for me. I look forward to another class, maybe in 09?

5. I enjoyed every minute at Rick Krane's. I agree with all of the above statements and it can't be said enough on how wonderful and special Rick is. He is a #1 teacher, host and friend.

I want to say thanks Rick, I learned a lot. 8) ;D 8)

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

So many things to be said, no where to begin......

Rick opened my eyes and essentially taught me how to look at things differently. To study the fish itself, not my opinion of what one looks like. Ask myself the question WHY??? Why this, why is this the way it is, etc.

I am also honored to call him a personal friend.

I didnt get B.O.C. professional reproduction at Missouri though, that award went to Cole Cruickshank, of Timberland Taxidermy, Cameron Missouri. A scary talented artist as well!!!! I did go to the show with him however.

My awards for the 2008 Missouri show was : Mckenzie Choice Fish, a first place ribbon, and the Missouri Taxidermist choice Fish.

Thanks Rick for teaching me some of the best lessons I could ask for.

Anyone can call me or P.M. me in private, and I will answer any and all questions you may have.

Jimmy Lawrence, Lawrence Taxidermy, Bedford Iowa

7. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Need I say more, I think the guys above have it covered. I am going back.

8. Rick Krane

Here is Anglers Artistry newest family member Mr. Apt Mcgruder of Carson City , Nevada!
    Here is a Shot of Pat with a Mountain Tarpon form Nevada??? LOL! This is a FLA Tarpon!
    [​IMG]
    Here is a close of the great head and face detail Pat pulled off!
    [​IMG]
    Here is A Sweet Snook Pat also did this week! Awesome!
    [​IMG]

9. Rick`s classes are as good as it gets . He`s a great teacher and a great guy . Kathie is also a super host. You won`t find a better workshop on fish anywhere . I plan on going back as soon as possible . It`s just darn fun, hanging out with Rick and Kathie, in addition to the training . The fishing is pretty good also. Maybe I can get back up there in 2009 .

10. Pat that is two awesome fish you done there. Welcome to the family. Glad to see your talent. I'm sure you enjoyed every minute at Rick's.

11. I can agree with everything that was said above. Rick, will get you to look at fish in a whole new way. Rick and Kathie will make you feel at home and part of the family. I can not say enough about how happy I am for making the decision to take Ricks class. If anyone thinking about taking Ricks class and would like to talk to someone who has been there, Please feel free to PM me.

12. I agree whole heartedly with everything said above!Having had Rick work with me on several fish and getting to know Rick on a personal level,has opened my eyes to techniques i never dreamed of.His whole approach to fish blows my mind. I'm proud to call Rick my friend.Pm me any time for a reference, or call me @ 603-835-6285. " Mountain" Ed

13. i am currently attending Rick's class now. i am doing a 5 day class, however we broke it up over a few months time, since i live so close to rick. After two of the five days, he has me thinking about fish at a whole new level. i can't imagine how long it would take to learn what he has taught me in two LONG days. Rick is not afraid to put in the long days and extra time it takes to see the project thru. i can see rick and i being freinds for a long time. any one can feel free to ask me about his class. Shawn

14. Ron K

Ron K New Member

What about price for say 7 days?

15. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

This is the most awesome class you can get. If you are serious about fish, this is the best investment you can make in yourself, period.

16. Rick Krane

My life on the day it ends will hopfully be thought of as Blessed as i have and do value it and the people who I have in my life! Thank you family members of Anglers Artistry!!! I have spent the last 25 years of my life working hard at being a good Stuart of taxidermy for customers and to other taxidermist alike. You all are the testimony to hard work with a little direct equals great fish work! Thank you all for the kind words!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    PS Ron K I sent you a PM. Thanks!

17. AA

AA Member

I just got back from Rick's class (the Nevada Tarpon). All I can say is if you are serious about being a great fish taxidermist and don't want to take the next 10 years to learn on your own, this class is a must. Thanks again Rick for a great trip. Anyone interested can contact me anytime with questions about what we did during my class.

Pat McGruder
    www.avianarts.com

18. deerlvr

deerlvr Member

Mr. Krane,

I am very interested in your workshops. Please send me a PM or email me at [email protected] to let me know the dates you might still have available and with further information about nearby lodging as well as prices for at least 5days.

Thanks,

Don

19. Rick Krane

Just wanted to add Martins work to this post to nearly complete and round out the 2008 Anglers Artistry participant's and new family members!

Martin green Victoria Australia some of his recent work form his 30 day workshop with us! Outstanding work Martin!

Martin worked on a Major game fish in the Asian Pacific are and a prize fighter in Australia the Giant Trevally or GT as it is known in the Land Down under!

[​IMG]

Here is the close up of the head of the GT

[​IMG]

Here is a eye close up! Another Jeff Lumsden custom EYE!

[​IMG]

Another Grand trophy of Australia fishing waters both fresh and salt ids the Barramundi or "Barra" as it is known. From A bright chrome slat water fish to a bronze gold backed fighter this fish is a beautiful specimen and a tremendous looking fish!

[​IMG]

Here is a good shot of the delicate body detail of this Barra!

[​IMG]

The Barra shares a duel pupil cone refraction property as our Walleye. When in the proper lighting setting the pupil will reflect back a reddish glow! How cool!

[​IMG]

Here are a few Smaller Aussie fish! The coral Australia Shark minnow. From the Skin mount to Molding and casting of the other 2 the triple display will add to the beautiful background drama for the Prize Maco Shark of the coals Waters of Australia!

[​IMG]

Here is the Final dramatic portrait of life and death for the food chain of the coastal Australian waters.

[​IMG]

Here is a detailed head Shot of Martins Maco!

[​IMG]

Here is A beautiful Fish that is a trophy for any ones Game room! In the Caribbean it is known as the Dorado in the Pacific the Maihi Maihi in the Ocean the Dolphin fish!

[​IMG]

Here is a close up of the head detail that Martin learned is so vital to good presentation

[​IMG]

Here is a close up of the face of some fine detail we teach to all who want to learn!

[​IMG]

Martin's Killer eye work!

[​IMG]

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale, New Hampshire 03451
    Office: 603-336-7296
    Web: www.anglersartistry.com