1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New McKenzie Catalog Error!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pyeager1, Oct 28, 2008.

1. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Anybody else receive a catalog like mine? Start out page 1 thru 200 fine, then skips to page 250. From there thru page 296 then starts over at page 250 again and goes goes without skipping to the end. ???

2. Just checked mine...all normal.... ;)

3. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

If all I'm missing in those 50 pages is African and exotics, then I can live without it. :D

4. Richard B

Richard B Well-Known Member

If you don't have page 218 your missing the cast lip hippo so your catalog is useless ;D

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

LMAO!!

6. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I don't have page 218. :'( :mad: I was really looking forward to the "easy" hippos too! ;D

7. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

There's a typo on their tanning components page. It says the acid creates a nice "plumb" skin.

8. Perry, I got one like that last year, the african and exotics were missing. I called and they said I was the winner of the missing pages survey, they had sent out one catalogue like that to see if it was noticed.

9. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

I ain't took mine out of the plastic yet!

10. so what did you win ???
    my is normal by the way ;)

11. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

All I noticed was the new higher prices :eek:( Still love McKenzie though!

12. Scrubby

Scrubby New Member

If you get a prize I am missing mine too.

13. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Mine's normal but my WASCO catalog I picked up at Nationals is like that.

14. A catalogue with all the pages. ;D

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I am missing page 731.

16. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

The error I've seen in the last few McKenzie catalogs is the picture of the life-sizr tahr jumping down a rock. To me it looks like the form in the Van Dykes catalog.

17. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Mine's a lot thinner than previous one, but I haven't checked for all pages.

18. mine is messed uo too. missing pages and the small ped. mounts are repeated in the n.a lifesize part and that has two parts too.

Kim

19. I worked for a printing company for 28 years. The pages come in sections of 8,16,32, or 48 pages. In the department that puts them together, (bindery dept.), there is a machine that lays the sections on top of one another in numerical sequence. The problem is that a human has to put the sections into the machine. If that person puts the sections in the wrong place you get pages out of sequence, or if the machine misses a section (like a misfire), you are missing those pages. You can even get the same pages twice if they put the wrong ones side by side. Generally it only affects between 50 to 500 books. The quantity depends on what kind of machine they use. If McKenzie gets enough complaints you can bet that they will be hitting the printer for credit. Maybe the prices will go down then!