1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

hello everyone i Need some ideas.

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by SQUIBBEY, Oct 29, 2008.

1. SQUIBBEY

SQUIBBEY MOREHOUSE, VOL. FIREMEN ADK.MT OF N.Y

i have a customer drop off a bear for a shoulder mount the next day he came back and gave me the 2 front paw.s and said do something cool with them we i.m haveing a mind block ??? and i can,t think of anything ............. plz help ;D ;D ;D ;D

2. I have made paper weights out of them, and gun rack holders, even a pencil holder.
    Just some ideas.

3. yellowsnow

yellowsnow full time small tannery worker (2 man operation)

IL
    have the mount hang on the wall and use the paws as hands on a big clock with the bear as the center peice. not sure where you would find the clock hardware to carry the weight of the paws and whatever rods you use to extend the paws. just an off the wall idea

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

They make nice lamps.

5. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

http://www.klockit.com/

They have some cool stuff.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Hey Folks, It's Dog Gone Good!

Turn it into a ped mount, or still use it on the wall. Find a nice piece of drift wood or log and mount it underneath the brisket. Then make it appear as if he has his paws coming out from underneath the wood.

7. Raven

Raven New Member

My idea was sort of the same as Shaggys... but keep it as a wall mount and put the paws on top of the log like he's pulling himself up and peeking over it....

8. jsbirds

jsbirds I think I can, I think I can...

Freeze dry them put them on a stick, and you have a backscratcher.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Hey Folks, It's Dog Gone Good!

Nice idea to Raven. Almost like that better!

10. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I have a customer who wanted the back skin of his bear tanned and wants the 2 front paws sewn onto the front of the skin to hang as a throw on a chair. You can picture the skin with the back feet intact and the 2 fronts sewn on.

11. SQUIBBEY

thanks everyone but Shaggy idea is pretty cool i.m going to look in to that .... but thank to everyone you have to love this site lot of great people.......................thank you everyone

12. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

My two pennies in addition to all the nickles & quarters folks've already given...I love seeing claws on dream catchers or as necklaces. Something about the architecture of the claws just lends themselves nicely to that kind of art.

13. SQUIBBEY

cool thanks lisa

14. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

You're welcome Squibbey. If you don't know how to make a catcher...here's a link. ;) http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,80062.0.html If you can't figure it out, pm me...I'll walk ya through it. ;)

No matter what you decide on, please post pictures. ;) :) Thanks!

15. SQUIBBEY

now that is great i love that my is going to start picking up the stuff i will post some pic should start it after xmas sometime ............thanks

16. SQUIBBEY

lol

17. I was thinking slippers