1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 3# Week# 5

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 3# Week# 5

A warm and hearty Hello from. Hinsdale New Hampshire! So many tremendous fish this week!

A rare and enjoyable look at the work of Frank Kotula this past week a wicked Brown!
    Jerry a beautiful Brown reproduction! Love it!
    Oliver your work is spectacular!! A very well done Esox Lucius!!! Really nice shop as well!
    Curtis! Your Browns are truly coming along!
    Terry Weick my great friend! AKA Trashfish !!! I knew this fish and study him I did! What a place of honor for your long time friend and teach this fish taught you well!
    Aaron Stehling As always your talents are amazing and so inspiring! Love the turkey too!
    Rich Benedict! Always love to see your work!! A great Small Mouth!!!
    Chad See my most talented friend and family member! An outstanding effort and execution of a beautiful Oncorhynchus Mykiss!!
    Fishtale! Sweeet Bull! This is a Salvelinus we don’t see often! Very well done!
    Wild Bill!!! Killer man just Killer!
    Mike Kroessig!!1 You are a gifted and talented artist with out question or possible equal! Great work on the California Sheephead!
    Kerby my good friend!!! You nailed the Dolly! I love to point out the softness of your paint work Sweet!!!!!!
    Ihntdeer!!!! Well done on the Walleye! Your first attempt is incredible! Great work!
    Snakewave! I love the Cobia!!!!! Kathie and I both were lucky and caught some in the Keys this year they are a great fish and you did them up in a graciously talented way! Super!!! Inspiring!
    Ron of Great Fish Reproductions is a serious reproduction artist! Fantastic work this week and thank you so much for sharing Ron!
    Tom L I love the detail walleye you shared this week! Great stuff!!!!
    Justfish! Man of Man your work is top shelf! Big thanks for sharing!
    Michael Shipman! You are truly blessed and you have let your talent speak too many! Thanks!
    Ron Anderson!! RDA! Cool my friend! I got to learn this week that just about all you Nevada guys are freak talents! Great work!!!!

Ollie my great friend! Your Salmo Salzar is among the best I have ever seen! You’re a great taxidermist and an inspirational fish head!
    John C!!! Great work and detail!!! I know that effort that is put in to such beauty!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!
    A great week Fishheads!!!!!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I thought I would start off this week with a few pictures of Anglers Artistry newest family member Mr. Pat McGruder of Carson City Nevada! Pat is a tremendously talented Bird taxidermist with many accolades to his name! As a high level bird guru Pat wanted to join the madness of the passion we call fish taxidermy. Pat is now an official fish head and Anglers Artistry family member! I look forward to many great posts from Pat and here is a small sampling his work he pushed through here learning this week!

I hope your week is productive and your freezers a bit lighter. Make money this week and be safe and enjoy your life and your gifts!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!
    So with out further ado let's get week #5 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #5! Enjoy!

My Best!
    Your Friend
    Rick Krane

Here is a Shot of Pat with a Mountain Tarpon form Nevada??? LOL! This is a FLA Tarpon!
    [​IMG]
    Here is a close of the great head and face detail Pat pulled off!
    [​IMG]
    Here is A Sweet Snook Pat also did this week! Awesome!
    [​IMG]

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

BEAUTIFUL SNOOK !

Love that thang!

Kerby...

3. RDA

RDA Active Member

Hey Thats my buddy Pat!! ;) ;D ;D ;D soooo no ya know all us Nevadans are Nuts eh Rick!!!! ;D ;D Guess youll be seeing another buddy of mine soon as well ::) ::) ;D ;D

4. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Hey Ron!

You guys are sooooo talented out there in the Big state of NV! Pat is a true talent and very gifted and driven! I know you are as well! I set the bench mark with my long time friend Kevin Libby! If I can find any one who can out work him I'll be glad to modestly give them the title of Killer taxidermy hope your doing great and making money1 Thanks for all the positive stuff you do here as well Ron!

Rick

5. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

BOY OH BOY.

THE NICEST TARPON I HAVE EVER SEEN. I love the eyes especially. And actually the tail is smoking too. I wish the one I did turned out half as good as that one did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supurb job my friend. Welcome to the Anglers Artistry Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick, you are the greatest Fish instructor. Top notch. I will be calling you soon.

Jimmy

6. WOW!!

Nice salties!!

That tarpon is too cool!

I finally have work to show.
    and in my style it is again "Not traditional" custom replicas

First is a (Six banded distichodus) roughly 16" long

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second is a (Mekong Pangasius) also called an Iridescent Shark although it is actually a catfish. 21"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cant wait to see what we have this week
    :D

7. of

of New Member

Hello from Germany,
    so many great mounts last week. And it seems to continue: Pat, that´s the nicest Tarpon I´ve ever seen. Great work! Josh, those replicas are superb! My contribution for this week is my first LMB replica. I always wanted to do one. It has a little more green in it than the picture shows. The problem was that we don´t have LMB here where I live. So I have never seen a live one. I wasn´t very happy with the blank, a lot of work with the seams, fins and mouth interior. The first time I used liquid scales scale tipping. Jeff, if you read this: That is the best stuff I´ve ever used. Can´t wait to use it on silver salmon. Thank´s to everybody to share his experience. I learn so much here.

Oliver

8. UFD

UFD New Member

Beeeyuteeful Tarpon, Pat! The Snook looks mighy fine, too.

Josh, the orange fish that looks like it just busted out of prison is oh-so hella sweet!!!! 8)

Oliver, despite the obstacles you had to face, your LM Bass still looks very nicely done!

9. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Another north Georgia stream brown to post this week, custom molded/cast.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for all the great posts. They continue to inspire.

jerry

10. Rick are you going to get heat in that shop, you all are always wearing sweaters in there. lol Very nice looking fish so far, I don't know if I can keep watching this thread. rw

11. HOLY JAMOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pat you are the man!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm truely blown away with both of your fish. The detail on that tarpon head is dead on. I love it.
    The snook is really really awesome too. Great detail in both fish!!!!!!!
    Saltwater fish are by far my favorite fish to see and to do. I love to see someone like you take the time to do them oh so right, instead of seeing what most people call the norm. Fantastic work my friend. What an inspiration. Keep in touch.

Josh super job once again. I always love your work. Your six banded "thingamajiggy" is beautiful. ;D I'm not too familiar with it but are you suprised? :D
    I actually knew what your Mekong Catfish was believe it or not. Great job BTW. I've seen em on the Discovery Channel. ;)

Awesome work Oliver and Jerry. Really nice work to both of you.

RW, believe me Rick has heat in his shop. It'll actually run you out!!!!!!!!!!

12. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan New Member

[​IMG]

13. Here is a bass i just finished up.

14. Some nice Salt water fish this week...
    Pat- Very nice Tarpon ! I like the Detail work on the head and the coloring.
    I like the scale tipping effect on your Snook !

I have been working on Bluegills the last few weeks. I was sent an 11" Bluegill from another Taxidermist in Kansas.
    I molded and cast it last week, and finished / mounted it today..

15. Great fish , Pat , Josh , Oliver , Noah ,Captn. Bryan , Dondi and Wild World . I don`t know about heat in Rick`s shop , I was there in August and brought some GA. heat with me . I think it averaged around 90 degrees while I was there . I was comfortable, but Rick was dying from the heat and pneumonia . LOL ,Plus I made him laugh too much . Maybe I will go during the winter next time .

16. mayhem15

mayhem15 New Member

Excellent fish this week. keep them coming.

17. AA

AA Member

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the fish. First of all I want to thank Rick and Kathy for a great trip. It is true what everyone has said about these two people. They are some of the nicest down to earth folks you will ever meet. For all of you that have wanted to take a class with Rick and are just not sure if it is worth it, trust me it is. I am new to the fish world so I have not had the chance to talk to many of the greats yet, but I will assure you that "NO ONE" has more knowledge, talent, and the ability to apply it than Rick. Thanks again Rick for a great trip and I look forward to a long friendship with you.

Pat McGruder
    www.avianarts.com

18. UFD

UFD New Member

Here is the first LM Bass I have painted for a client since the last one three years ago. I have a couple more to do in the next several months, and then hopefully it isn't another three year dry spell on LM's until the next one - LOL. I have to admit, though, Largemouths are far more difficult to paint than a Steelhead or Salmon (at least for me, anyway). :eek: There a few things I will do the same on the next one, and a number of things I will do differently...

19. UFD

UFD New Member

...and the head.

20. RDA

RDA Active Member

uuuhhh eeeerrrr Yeah looks like you really struggled there!!!!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D One can only hope to struggle equally on their next bass..... :eek: ;) :D