1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 3# Week# 6

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 3# Week# 6

A warm and hearty Hello from. Hinsdale New Hampshire! It is in to the Hunting season here in NH and I hope all are getting in lots of work. Still we have time for fish work and I’m ever so pleased and happy that folks still take time in this busy time of the year to share with others! Great work!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

So enjoyable it was to share time and work with Pat McGruder! Great tarpon and Snook Mr. McGruder!

Josh Knuth! Way to go on the smaller and less seen works of Gods beauty!

Oliver F!!! Despite never seeing a Largemouth Bass your efforts is Hoch schätzen!!!

Jerry! The beautiful Brown you share this week is always great! Tremendous work Jerry!

Brian Russell! You are blessed in your talents! Super Tarpon!

Jason Ward! Very nice Bass! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

Don Patton! My friend your work continues to be some of the best out there! Great work Don!

Brother Campbell! Such a soft and natural look to this Hot Micropterus salmoides!!! Killer eye too!

Doug Petrousek!!! My friend your work transcend inspiration to all! Never a Plain old any thing from you my gifted friend! Sweeeet Muskie!

IAtaxi! Huge thanks for the many wonderful works of fish art!

Jeremy Snider!!!! ARTIST!!!!! You’re so welcome my friend! Art does spill out in many ways! Love what you do!

Mike D! Cool grass Rock! That is always a cool thing when we get to see different fish work!

Fishtail! Wicked job on the old Campbell killer! Really nice work!

Russ!!! I have to say Jimmy did well by you! Your work is tight and looks great! Hand painted eyes lots of powder work all looks good enough to really give other inspiration! Supper work and that is great to see you sharing in the works of an up in coming Fish Guru!

Cade Pendergraft!!! I see a budding fish head here! Way to go young man!!!!!!

Mike Kroessig!!!! You da man! Love the Porp it is totally awesome!!!!!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I thought I would start off this week with a few pictures of two gentlemen who I hold with high admiration! Two of the hardest working Anglers Artistry family members Mr. Chad See of Elkins West Virginia and Mr. Travis Jones of Seaboard North Carolina! So very talented and driven are both of these fish artists! With their own efforts and self motivation the modest and humble skills come in the beautiful work which I have for you all to enjoy this week.

I will mention that with friendship and a wiliness to help others is also a highly regarded form of admiration I have for both of these great gentleman!

I hope your week is productive and your freezers a bit lighter. Make money this week and be safe and enjoy your life and your gifts!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!
    So with out further ado let's get week #6 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #6! Enjoy!

My Best!
    Your Friend
    Rick Krane

Travis Jones!!!!!!! Mahi Man!!!!!! Love the hat! Oh yeah BY THE WAY the fish is KILLER!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

A closer look at a Mahi Mahi and what they can really look like when you got your stuff down!

[​IMG]

Mr. Chad “Monster Brown Wicked Artist” See!!!! This is an awesome work of art and effort! Love the fish and the story! You nailed it! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale, New Hampshire 03451
    Office: 603-336-7296
    Web: www.anglersartistry.com

2. Nice start for the week!

Travis! WOW!
    I am not sure what else to say other then If I ever catch a Mahi YOU will be doing the replica for me.
    Hands down end of discussion.
    Hopefully next spring!

Chad!
    I love the brown!
    The get such a cool look about them when they are running the rivers, and you nailed it!

Probably no finished fish for me this week.
    I am trying to get caught up on my molds.
    I have a Pickerel, a Pike, and a Chinook all going as we speak.
    another late night for me.

Keep posting gang and give us all some Eye candy!!

3. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Ditto to what Josh said. If I ever get a Mahi, you are doing it for my personal collection.

Chad, at least you can mount them big fish. LOL. Great work buddy.

Rick, your the man,

Jimmy

4. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    very impressive!

5. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

That brownie is soooo awesome!!!

6. rp

rp Member

Travis

Aw some Mahi, that brown is really impressive.
    I have a tigerfish to share, hopefully next time I will some new African species for u guys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ... ;D.Awesome Mahi Travis,very nice,,the scene with that brown is killer too..tigerfish is great,,yall are awesome artists ..heres some crappie I;ve been working on,,one on the state plaque is for a custumer and the othe is a shop display....

8. ;D.Opps heres the state plaque..

9. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Here's a largemouth bass I recently finished. Skin mount on commercial form.
    [​IMG]

The weird pegboard is the result of a quick PhotoShopElements process to eliminate parts of other stuff.
    Keep the posts coming please. I always enjoy seeing what you folks do and learn from each posting.
    jerry

10. Thanks guys for the comments.

Chad its an honor to have my work displayed with yours. You know I love that brown!!!! Its not many chase scenes I see that really capture the motion that yours does. Excellent job buddy. You trout guys make it look too easy!!!!

RP, Great tigerfish again. They never get old to me. What a killer job on such a killer species. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Al nice work on those crappie. Keep the school growing. :D

Sweet bass Jerry!!!!!!

11. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

DANG!!!! Nice fishies to ALL the Mahi, the brown Those Crappie and bass tigerfish sheeeeeesh :eek: :eek: :eek:

12. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Chad...You truly captured the essence of Western NY Trib fishing right there!
    Al....Nice Crappies, I love that piece of wood on the grouping of 3

28" Carp

13. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

iLL BEAT JOSH TO IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NICE CARP MAN!!!! ;) :eek:

14. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Love the carp !

All repro? Or is it a skin mount with repro head?

Thanks

Kerby...

15. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Awesome carp

16. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Awsome fish this wk but that carp........... ::) :eek: ::) :eek: ::) :eek: ::) :eek: ;)

17. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Travis, I agree, it is an honor to share board with such a fine fish taxidermist. I can only repeat what others have said, but I see you doing a Mahi for me one day. :) I would proudly hang that on the wall.

Very nice fish this week. I like them all, crappie, bass, tigerfish, and even the carp! That thing is awesome!!! Great work guys, keep it up!

18. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Hey Kirby...it's a complete Repro
    Truly appreciate the compliments everyone

19. TomL

TomL New Member

Great fish so far this week everyone. Here's a 26'' walleye skin mount. Customer caught it on a yellow jig with a leech so he wanted me to incorporate that into the scene. Made the leech out of apoxy sculpt, first time tryin that and it actually looks like a leech.
    [​IMG]

20. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

Nice fish everyone, i dont think i will have anything painted this week, but with any luck, i will be pulling my first cast out of my first mold from trying some new methods sometime this weekend, its a 16" kentucky (spotted) bass, that my son caught, i hope it comes out good, it will be his first "project". Tom, i love the action in the walleye mount, that is nice.