1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by mooser, Sep 12, 2006.

1. This was my first Mt Lion but second life-size. Please give me your opinioin. Thanks

2. Looks really good to me. The pics are small but I don't see any glaring errors. I'm impressed you chose a mt lion for your second lifesize mount-- =nice job!

3. Nice job .

Rich

4. very nice job....only critique i might give is to play around a little with the animal's face and try to give it a small bit more expression...The lion is a beautiful job though.

5. catman

catman Active Member

Ears,location is good but size and shape need refining.Not set deep enough.If this really is your first cougar you have a gift.

6. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

nice!!

7. Impressive, very nice. Only thing I can see is, and it could be the picture too, the area below the nose and above the front lip should be closed up some more. There should not be a black line extending from the nose to the lip. Other then that, I can't see anything wrong with it. :)

8. Dean

Dean New Member

Head needed to be made bigger to fit the skin. Just because the measurments come close doesn't mean the skn will fit. Alterations need to be made on almost all lifesize forms. They are just a starting point for you. Yes, they will go on and look ok. But to fit properly you need to fit and alter and refit so ALL hair patterns go where they are supposed to. Not bad for you first cat. If the face fit better it would take care of the ear problem mentioned above. There is a lot happening with hair patterns on a cat. You really need to study that reference to see it. Cats do have extra skin to be taxied around but it also needs to be in the right place. The photos are to small to see to help out more but it looks like you may be kicking some butt in the future if that was only your first cat. Keep it up and good luck

9. Looks good to me. But would like to see some bigger pics to try and see a little more detail. But over all good job for your second big game lifesize. Ours was a lifesize moose boy what an undertaking that was but it turned out well and client loved it. Is that a clients cat or yours? My DH would love to take a large cat like that oh well maybe one day.

Kim Collins
    Bubba's Taxidermy