1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

fishing photos

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by solway, Nov 9, 2008.

1. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

[​IMG]

2. First musky! On Lake St. Clair fishing for smallies brought this thing up on a 6' 6'' medium spinning rod with 8lb test only took about 25 mins lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Pretty Fish, Congrats. Lake looked pretty flat too.

4. Congrats !! Thanks for sharing !!!

5. sdrenth

sdrenth New Member

MI
    I went up north this weekend and got to try some fly fishing on the Pierre Marquette river in Baldwin. Ive never got much of a chance to do any fly fishing so I was excited to try it out. I got out there in some waders and got the hang of it pretty quickly. I was working my way up the river and saw a nice trout leap out of the water by the bank. I made my way over there and he jumped again. After throwing my fly at him for a few minutes I felt him take it. My heart started racing! I was working on bringing him in and started to realize I wasn't exactly sure how to land him. After managing to keep out of a fallen tree and pulling him close enough, I finally netted him. My first trout! It was a blast and I know now Ill be spending a lot more time on the river.
    [​IMG]

6. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Great stories, great fish.

Mike, my brother caught a Northern like that in Ontario on an ultra-light rig (4lb test), fishing for perch and smallmouth. Got the whole thing on video, over a 30minute fight. Man, they are special when you catch them that way.

Sdrenth, GREAT PIC, composition reminds me of the care you put into your fish mounts. I've never caught a nice one like that on the fly, but I remember my first on the fly vividly. I was sight fishing the upper Manistee with dry flies, and there he was on the end of my line. I was shocked. It was just a little fellow, so off he went. Then I caught nearly 50 more in the next couple hours. All little guys. Though I did manage to get a few big fish to rise. Thanks for bringing back that memory.

Best, Scott

7. ausfish

ausfish Member

smallone

Attached Files:

8. Pine Ridge

Pine Ridge New Member

Islamorada, Florida Keys

Attached Files:

9. Nice,now theres some good eating !!!!

10. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Nice bass David...did you deep fry any off those bass, thats my favorite way to do them!

11. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Nice Fish Everyone.

David, Those are some toads. A couple like that in a tournament and I'd be $3000 bucks richer.

12. Most amazing fishing trip I have ever been on. Only 3 people have access to this lake . We caught 7 over 6lbs and I had 3 break my line. We even trolled with a rattle trap and crank bait with good success.

13. This is a nice one just caught,11 lbs 8 ozs and 30 inches long !!!! In Lake Champlain !!

Attached Files:

14. bnoody

bnoody Member

Wow, that is a gorgeous atlantic. It also has the classic lines of an atlantic, not a distorted football like the lake Ontario atlantics.

I hope you mount that one up and took some nice closeups for reference while it was fresh!

15. IDForkHorn

IDForkHorn Common sense just isn't that common anymore

Great catches everyone, went out a little bit ago and caught 14 brookies on the fly rod, caught a picture worthy one, and went to take a pics, no camera card!

16. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

My Dad and I went fishing this morning at a big private pond. These 2 were the best of the day and the only 2 we kept. His was his own personal record but mine was just short of my personal record. Great day though!

Attached Files:

17. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Nice bass 7-point

18. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Thanks Brad!

19. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

We just got back from a 2 week camping/fishing trip to the UP. Brook trout fishing was really good. Here are some of the big (for us) ones.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]