1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

fishing photos

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by solway, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Would be nice to get this page a sticky to the top of the forum. Here's some recent fish pictures....starting with different black bass....

Lake Ockeechobee Florida Bass.....micropterus floridanus:

[​IMG]

Colorado River, Texas Largemouth (Northern) Bass....micropterus salmoides:

[​IMG]

From Table Rock Lake, Missouri a Spotted (Kentucky) Bass.....micropterus punctulatus:

[​IMG]

St. Lawrence River, west of Montreal, Smallmouth Bass....micropterus dolomieu:

[​IMG]

Also from the Colorado River, Texas the Guadalupe Bass....micropterus treculii:

[​IMG]

Couple more related....

Table Rock Lake, Missouri an Ozark Bass....Ambloplites constellatus...unbeknowst to me at the time (and to my shame) this is evidently a beast of an Ozark (not being really kn owledgeable about these sunfish I thought it was a rock bass) and weighed 1 lbs 4 ozs on my scale....I just put it back to swim away. Turns out the recognized World Record by the IGFA is 1 lbs 1 oz.....so I probably turned back a potential world record....oh well, I'm glad he's still swimming around:

[​IMG]

Lastly a true bass from the Colorado River, Texas...White Bass (that Doug Petrousek kindly mounted for me) of 4 lbs (20.5 inches)...morone chrysops:

[​IMG]

Great fishing everyone......Brian

2. 32 lb Rainbow caught at Pukaki canal , South Island, New Zealand last month ( Oct ) , I released her to grow even bigger .

Attached Files:

3. Bender that is a freakin toad! Looks like it's probably a triploid rainbow....nice fish......

Brian

4. Thanks Brian , I dont know what a triploid is , aint that where man has made em sterile ??!! ??? Anyway , theyre all wild fish in them canals , the trout migrate from the adjoining lakes. The ecosystem is the right balance for growing massive trout , constant water temps and levels , with an abundance of aquatic life, and not to mention some of the food that no doubt enters the system from the Salmon farms . ;)

5. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Nice fish Brian and that IS a rock bass......."ole red eye"..........