1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

fishing photos

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by solway, Nov 9, 2008.

1. solway

solway New Member

keep them coming. some nice reference photos among those.

2. Clete

Clete The A-10. My kind of warthog

Here's some of my fav. photos from over the past two years.

3. Clete

Clete The A-10. My kind of warthog

last one is a buddy's first big brown on a fly.

4. Vellu

Vellu New Member

Nice fish all. Here is my pike some year ago :-\

5. This is a picture of my good friend Ralph who caught this 23 1/2" LM Bass on 1 lb. test fishing for Bluegill. This was out of a little gravel pit in Williamston Michigan behind the cemetery in case you would like to try it. We also caught some very nice Gills and Pumpkinseeds. Only thing is you have to hike in about a half mile.

6. solway

solway New Member

hey vellu. how big was the pike did it go 10 kilo ?????

7. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

nice bass randy, thats a huge fish for that small of line

8. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

here are a few...first is a small sea bass my brother caught, and then his 14" tautog, then my 12" tautog

9. How about this 42" Bluegill my wife caught while fishing in a float tube. It pulled her around the lake for 2 1/2 hours. ::) ::)

10. Speckled Trout do you do anything but fish? man those are some great catches and wish I could do that.

11. A few from this morning.

Greater redhorse. A Rare catch for Wisconsin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Silver redhorse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rockbass

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a few from Minnesota last week

Northern Hogsucker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. A few Invasive species from Minnesota, Now worries I removed them from the system and roasted them over a fire to make sure.
    ;D
    we consider it bycatch when redhorse fishing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Golden redhorse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Josh those redhorse are beautiful!!!

14. wildturkeycall

wildturkeycall Thank you Lord for another fine day outdoors!

PA.
    A Cute Little Kitty Cat.

15. akairman

akairman New Member

nothing huge, but some nice bows on a dry fly, first fish on the fly rod since break up and my buddies first grayling ever

[​IMG]

these fish looked more like browns than rainbows at times. very cool coloration
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heres my buddies first grayling. no kidding, there were literally hundreds of them swimming under the boat at times. most were this size, but we did see a couple real nice fish, just couldn't catch those guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. akairman

akairman New Member

my brother sent me these. they left at midnight last Friday and returned at 2am Sunday (Mother's Day) morning after a drunk guy hit them head on as they were returning to the dock. from what i hear, the pictures don't do the scenario justice. luckily nobody was seriously injured. they did catch around 20 mahi, including one big guy. my brother and dad both said it was a thirty pounder, but i'm no dolphin expert. gets me a little pumped to know even though i'm leaving alaska, i'll still have some good fishing.

[​IMG]

i guess my dad heard dow (my parents neighbor and owner of the boat they were fishing on) yelling at the oncoming boat, and my pops walked around the corner just as the two boats struck. he said he could hear the motor cavitating as it flew no more than five feet from him. they are all very lucky that nobody got killed. I'd hate to be the driver of the other boat, and have to get your wife to bail you out of jail on mother's day. he'll never live that down

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

here is a 20" catfish caught on the monacacy river

18. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

and a skinny 15" bass from a private pond

19. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

and a 12" crappy from the same pond

20. [​IMG]
    4lb spotted bass and a couple 2 1/2 lb white bass.