1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

fishing photos

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by solway, Nov 9, 2008.

1. deadwood

deadwood New Member

Here is a few

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

If this is the same place we stay at the other camp on Lake Savant called Wildewood. This spot is an evening and nighttime honeyhole they call the "narrows".

Todd B

Attached Files:

3. GreenBullhead

GreenBullhead Peep peeep peep C:

Peacocks! Those suckers get a lot bigger, don't they??

4. Raspy

Raspy New Member

Bullhead
    Yes Peacocks get much bigger in S. America. This sub species is the butterfly, they are smaller. Most of them were about 2 lbs. I think the record in Hawaii is 9 lbs. We seen several 4-5 lb bass sitting on nests but could not get them to strike. Oh well, still had fun! Those 2 lb bass faught harder than any fish I have ever caught.

5. den007

den007 Active Member

Akumal Mexico.............oh baby this was sweet eats!

Attached Files:

• mahi.JPG
      mahi.JPG
      File size:
      48.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Heres a few from yesterday. We went out for some shellcrackers & bass. Once again my son out fished me. LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bet you can't tell he's saying "cheese". LOL
    [​IMG]

7. Here's a couple more from this morning. Nothing tremendous but to catch two like this in one day isn't too bad. The bad part is I lost another big fish after catching these two. Both were spawned out females, long, big heads and skinny as a rail. :-\

6.3lbs
    [​IMG]

6.4lbs
    [​IMG]

8. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

Here is one of my personal favorite "fishing" pics from this year. I had no idea this pic was taken, but I guess that is what I get for taking a mid-day nap!

[​IMG]

9. Chad I think you ought to go back out there and set up a game camera on that site. It makes you wonder how many others have set there listening to that creek and fell asleep in that natual hammock. rw

10. kwickerink

kwickerink New Member

Getting ready to start doing my first Fish mounts. So far I have a steel head, bluegill, rock bass and this is a 17" small mouth I caught my second day out on the Lake here in Michigan.

Attached Files:

11. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Largemouth

12. kwickerink

kwickerink New Member

Ok, I looked it up. DNR said the mouth of a small mouth does not extend past the eye and the eye of a large mouth does. But, yes, I know the stripe down the side says it is a large...hmmmm. Cross?

13. :-\ You just have yourself a fine largemouth specimen.

14. GreenBullhead

It is a largemouth, no dout. When the mouth is extended, it appears to cut short of the eye. Small mouth are usually a light brown to dark brown [green when younger], way shorter/smaller mouth, and vertical markings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For mouth explanation

15. GreenBullhead

I have some striper pictures that my boyfriend caught in Delaware. :) He never fishes from a boat either.

Oh yes, and flounder!! This one was 23 inches.
    [​IMG]

This striper was 37 inches.
    [​IMG]

And this one was 40inches!
    [​IMG]

16. Manny

Manny New Member

Checked the trotline last night and found these two on it. MMMM MMMM !!!!
    My wife will only eat the flathead so I usually set free the blues and channels.

I really wanted to make a custom replica out of one of these guys, But my wife wanted the meat :-\ Maybe next time I will.

I think she will love it over the 52" Plasma ;D I know I would.

I will be posting a few real nice pics in the refrence section.

Attached Files:

17. This years annual paddlefish trip to eastern MT. I caught my typical 3rd cast 23lb male and my buddy got a 60lber.
    mine
    [​IMG]

his
    [​IMG]

I did catch a couple nice ones on snag and release day.
    [​IMG]

caught a few of these also.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. GreenBullhead

Omg paddlefish, they creep me out. But really nice catches! Keep the pictures coming!!

19. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

here's a few of mine throught the years

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]