1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone have a extra golden eye to Gift !

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by wildwings, Nov 9, 2008.

1. wildwings

wildwings New Member

Any how I need a golden eye or 2 for my collection. There is a really long story about it if you want to hear the whole thing I would love to tell it. For those that dont I will spare you. Any how I am looking for a Common Drake Golden eye. I would love a barrows drake also but I won't push my luck. I would be willing to pay for the shipping on these birds. Both birds will be in decoy style so a broken wing wont matter if the feathers are still there. Any how I would like to do a mount for a comp so if you could please make sure the birds arn't tore up. I know I am asking alot but it would mean alot to me if I could get these birds. I shot and lost them and the golden eye is basically my unicorn. It was right there but the boat motor wouldn't start to go get the bird and I watched as it blew across the lake. Yes im crying like a little girl still. Any how please PM me if you are able to help me out. Thanks in Advance.

2. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Not that this helps much, but I shot mine the last weekend in October last year, and it was so full of pinfeathers that it had bald patches after washing. I think these birds need to be taken in late November or later to be prime. I was so disappointed. I still have the feet and tail set up even though the skin was garbage. I hope someone has a good one to spare for you.

3. Triple BB

Triple BB New Member

How old is too old? I have a couple of late winter prime speciman's that are tightly wrapped but 6 - 8 years old. I imagine they have some freezer burn. You can email me at [email protected] if yer interested.

4. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Could help you out with a Barrows...He's shot of course...Pm if interested!

5. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

I get a bunch of birds in late Dec and Jan. Will save a couple . Send me an email so I will remember. Jay