1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

who wants to repo these fish

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by bigtime, Nov 14, 2008.

1. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

C & R on asian carp ?!? Maybe I'm reading you wrong ???????

I agree 100% with Lumsden. I do some bowfishing for carp, and you can't beat it for a good day on the water :)

2. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Nix the Aisians. Just the common garden variety Carp, great fighting fish.

3. mayhem15

mayhem15 New Member

man i love seeing pics of people raping our oceans and lakes! gets me hot, baby! please post more...

hey what are you going to do with all those rays? eat them? i hear they taste like crap.

4. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

raping? Legal archery hunting? I never thought I hear that in my life time!

5. A- Fish

I see no problem shooting carp whatsoever.

6. mayhem15

mayhem15 New Member

It's not the carp i care about it's all those cow-nose rays. way too many dead. Unnessary!

7. A- Fish

I would suppose there is a reason they allow them to be shot.

You know more about those then me....you do not find many of them in WI lol

8. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Mike we can appreciate wildlife and nature and yet kill it at the same time, no? What is necessary? Who decides this? I kill deer every year, it is unnecessary. Unless the cow nose rays populations are currently in danger, and if the game laws permit it, then IF SOMEONE WANTS to shoot them, they can! Might not be everyone's cup of tea but then, archery isn't for just anyone either.

Jeff

9. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

People kill for many different reasons, I personally choose to kill what I can eat. I know hunters who shoot black bears, take the hide and leave the meat. Is it legal, yes, is it right, hell no, not the way I see it. Others see it different than me, that's the way it is, everyone will never agree on issues like that. One man's trashfish is another man's treasure.

So anyway, who's going to take him up on his generous exposure offer and mold & cast all those fine specimens? The guy must have one hell of a freezer.

10. Very well said Paul. We eat black bear here, it pretty good if its cooked right.

11. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I look at it this way. If NO LAWS were broken it's really none of my business.

Here in Ohio a farmer can get a "crop damage" permit and shoot any deer he sees in his field. 50 or more of them if applicable. He then can set them all in a pile and watch them rot if he wants.

Anybody posting on EITHER side of this issue are wrong. There are limits to everything.

12. Jim, it's not illegal to voice your opinion, so that would make you wrong. LOL.

I agree though. This was funny from the get go. A fish taxidermist talking about killing trophy fish and not eating them. ::) LMAO.

13. A- Fish

Bigtime-

I just talked with Rick Hardy @ Unique species, and he may be interested in molding some of those fish. Call him @(386) 228-3525 .