1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tanning service

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by tic, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Heres the dea. I am giong to be doing alot of tanning. I will except green hides. I will split and turn them for you. When you get them back, all you have to do is some trimming around the face and mount them. I am intrested in only adding a few new customers. If your intrested please PM me. I will answer every PM. Thanks.

2. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Are you pickling or actually tanning?

What kind of tan are using?

Is it gonna be wet or dry tan?

Deer only?

3. Pm sent.

Synthetic, wet tan. Will do all critters.

4. tjohnson

tjohnson New Member

I ‘m new into the business and looking for a place to send hides I can do lutan f and oxalic acid tan and pickle myself but don’t want the mess in the man cave can you send me some info? [email protected]

5. Email sent.

If anybody else is looking for someone to tan for them, let me know. When you get the cape back, all you have to do is a little trimming and mount it. Thats it.

6. dhart3825

dhart3825 New Member

7. Email sent.

Heres what I offer. You can send me your green hides (FROZEN). I will split, turn, salt, rehydrate, pickel, neutralize, shave, tan, oil........ I will do everything for $50 for a deer sized cape.

If you are looking for a tanner, send me 1 cape. Let me show you what I can do.

Starting next summer I will be placeing adds iin Breakthrough and Taxidermy Today. I am very serious about my tanning. Send me 1 cape and let me show you.

8. psehunter

psehunter New Member

i dont live too far from you so i may bring you one. just send me directions. im in dardanelle. thanks steven
    [email protected]

9. PM sent.

10. crescent

crescent New Member

how long of a turn around on tanning deer hides

11. crescent

crescent New Member

What is your turna around time on deer hides

12. PM sent. Turn around time two weeks.

13. OS, I understand you are not trying to be mean. I have lisened to everything you have posted on here and I agree with 99% of it. To answer your questions, yes I am a taxidermist. I have been for 7 years. I worked with another taxidermist for 4 of those years. I have been running a fleshing machine of the entire time. As for how many capes I have tanned in my life, how do you keep track of that many capes? My operating capitol is not as big as Carolina Fur Dressers or The wildlife Gallery, but my tannery is not as big either.

I understand there are alot of jackass tanners out there. With all the crap that has been posted on here about Drycreek and the mess that was caused when thay went out of business, I knew there would be alot of skepticism.

Shaver, I saw you compliment PLTANNERY a few weeks ago. In two years I will expect the same. There are 5 or 6 people that have PMed me about doing some tanning for them. I have told everyone of them if they were happy with my price, and my work, post something on here about the good job I did for them. If they are not happy with my work, they can come on here and rip me apart.

If you have any other questions, I will be happy to answer them.

14. Shaver,
    Thanks for the advice. I understand what you were talking about by saying "take it slow". I know my reputation is only as good as the last cape I sent out. It does not take long to get a bad reputation. If I sent out a cape that was jacked up, the taxidermist could come on here and in 5 minutes my reputation could be trashed. I cant have that. I take pride in my work. I know what it takes to produce a cape that looks good when its mounted and will stand the test of time. I do NOT claim to know everything, and I listen to every opinion I hear. I have figured out that a person can learn ALOT if they will listen to whats being said.

Thanks for wishing me good luck. As for "working my ass off" I think I can handle it. Have you seen my ass? I could stand to work a little off! ;D

15. xhunter911

xhunter911 A dead coyote is a good coyote! Save the Deer

How much for fleshing and tanning coons, yotes and fox? I'm am looking for someone to do all of my critters!

16. PM sent

17. vascikr

vascikr New Member

18. PM sent.

19. vascikr

vascikr New Member

I'm trying to understanding with my tanning but please answer my phone calls...i have customers waiting patiently for there mounts.. 3 weeks has turned into 4 months?i"ve paid for these 6 weeks ago? please answer....

20. Just to
    Just to let everyone know Dirtycreek is still in business and will always be and this guy is a liar and a scam artist. My work speaks for itself. And by the way if you would read a little better it was dog creek that went out of business not me.