1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mouth cups and casted lips, mouth

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by falco, Nov 15, 2008.

1. falco

falco Trapping is fun

I really want to get into using these nicely made Mouth cups , which comes with the casted lips and a whole bit,, all painted up and ready to go,, it seems like being a true time saver,, Have you folks tried them, Do you like them ? what are the pros and cons ? specially on bear rugs.
    Never using them yet but already that crazy glueing the skin to the lips or even nose sounds abit challenge ... does that glue last long ? I m thinking what if the glue start to lose itself in 5 yrs,, ?
    Any comments is appreciated .

2. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

The Boar mouth is junk.

3. I have used a few and like them!!

4. Ive used the McKenzie elk and bear cast lip/nose system. Looks good for commercial work. The gluing isnt tooo bad as long as you take your time and follow the insructions.

5. Jerry

Jerry New Member

I love the bear rugshell from Mckenzie, they are a real time saver for my one man shop, and they look very nice. I just finished a javalina and it also worked out nice.

6. They are great for commercial work, i use them

7. bear and cats are nice but i think its the luck of the draw so to say. the castings are limited and you have to watch the fit . ive done most of them and found that you are limited to the pose/ the molar jaw sets will let you have some flexability and creativity also . you wont be stuck with the way its made . the open mouth yote is in some cases to wide and the cats ar the same . but it really depends on the pose your doing .... just my take on it good luck mark c

8. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

I have done 5 javelins now and like them. Just like mark c said they are limited.
    Ralph

9. Randy

Randy Huntin Chamios on Mount Cook, New Zealand

The bear and elk are good. The cougar rug shells with the cast lips are junk.

10. Norste

Norste New Member

I've used the red fox set a couple of times with great results.