1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Getting Tips

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Tricia, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Tricia

Tricia New Member

Just had a guy come in to pay for his deer mount from last season. He owns the local mexican restaurant. Used my phone to place an order and is having two meals sent out to us! ;D Gotta love tips like this...especially when you can't leave the shop long enough to go get dinner.

2. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

I rarely get anything "extra" from my customers, but last night, I had a customer drop off a deer head on his way back from GA. I had been out on the porch smoking a cigar earlier. I guess he smelled the cigar in the air or on me. Anyway, he says, you smoke cigars? I told him yes and he says, well, I'm about to make your F...ing night (in yankee accent). He pulled out a Cohiba and handed it to me. These are arguably the finest cigars in the world. A pleasant surprise indeed.

3. I just got a $100 tip this weekend for a wolf rug I did for a guy. Just an average blue collar type guy. I'll tell you what, when I was a hunting guide up here in Alaska I always got the best tips from the average guy who saved his money for a hunt of a lifetime. Those rich holier than thou folks were by far the worst ones.

4. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I got a 45 tip last year :) Was a nice surprise :) And then my bird guy got a 100 tip for a guy he did a turkey for.. Kinda neat when they give you a little extra, makes you feel real good...
    Ohh hand last year a custoemr brought in some yummy pepperoni sticks when he brought his deer in..