1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 3# Week# 8

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Nov 21, 2008.

1. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

three freeeeeeken GORGEOUS FISH!!! :eek:

2. bufflehead

bufflehead New Member

Hello, First time posting here, and first bluegills also. Great work everyone!

3. WOAH!!!!!! AArtisan nice fish my man!!!!!!! That walleye excellent for real. Very natural looking.

4. WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thats UNREAL DUDE!!!!!!!

That walleye is AMAZING!
    I am Floored!

5. Just finished this bass this last week. This is my 5th fish mount.
    The before is a much greener looking fish than my finished results.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Great stuff this week guys. A few more weeks of hunting then I'm back at it. ;D Rich, that is one of if not the best Walleye I've ever seen.

7. rp

rp Member

Wow what have u guys been eating or drinking. Aw some fish from u fishheads. Travis nice looking crappie, Josh really nice and natural looking bass there. All the others brilliant work as usual, make me want to start painting some tigers again. ;D

8. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi a lot of great fish out there,nice work. 8)
    Scott.

9. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Some of pics I cant pull up but some NICE fish to all. Curtis, I like your "offering", lol. Looks like the pic you sent me. Walleye repro and largemouth excellent.

10. it's been a while....and the pic was taken w/ my phone...so my apologies....

LMB...

11. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Great looking fish everyone! Travis, that crappie took my breath away. I have one I'm going to be doing in the next few weeks (I hope)- thanks for the inspiration. And Josh... LOVED the largemouth!

Here's three I've finished in the last couple of weeks- two rainbows and an arctic char.

Rainbow #1- From a stocked lake in southern CA. Lake Country blank, 27". The worm was at the customer's request.

12. Terry

Rainbow #2

20" fish from a small river in SW Alaska. No habitat, customer request. Blank by Fisherman's Tale.

13. Terry

27" Arctic Char- From the same river in SW Alaska and for the same client. Blank by Fisherman's Tale. A major pain in the arse to scale tip. I never did get a photo of the finished product that I liked.

Have a great week everyone!

14. Holy smokes!!!!!! He's back!!!! :eek:

Glad to hear from again. I thought you'd bailed on us. ;D

Thanks alot Terry

15. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Terry,
    Those are sweet. Hope things are going well for you. Good to see you back.

16. AndyH

AndyH New Member

Some beautiful fish on here!!!

Well, I have finally decided to post... Everytime I look at this thread, I start thinking twice. You guys have some great fish. :)

27" chain pickerel woodcarving...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Andy

17. Wow!! Great looking Fish, I am always impressed with the talent on here.So many great fish this week. I must say Angling Artisan those replicas are spectacular,that 'Eye is outstanding.Great CrappieTravis,Josh Great lookin Bass.Terry those rainbows look awsome and Dondi I am still using your Brookies to measure mine against. I always come here looking for inspiration and find it .Happy Turkey Day everyone.

18. First time posting up a fish.

I do about 100 fish a year with about 95% of them saltwater , 40 to 50 of them are Speckle Trout.

Here is a skin mount 31" Speck.

The photo flash has the colors off a little.

19. wildwings

wildwings New Member

Well guys I must say I been slacking on the posting lately but I still check things out ! Any how I seen a few fish on here and I had to stop and say how awesome they were. First off that Crappie Mr. Jones has done WOW thats crazy. Next one that caught my eye was the Large Mouth by Knuth very nice however have you ever seen anything by this guy that wasnt amazing ? By the way my vote is NO HOOK ! Advice by a well known judge "by adding more things into a mount you are distracting from what you want them to look at !" Would you rather them be spending the time looking at your nice worm with a hook in it or the fish you took so long to do up ? Last but not least AArtisan with that realistic walleye. Can we get it verified that it is a reproduction and not a real fish ! Thats nuts I had to stare at it for 5 mins trying to find a area that looks like a reproduction to me. Only thing I could see was the perfect dorsal fin other then that it looks real !