1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

You know your married to a Taxidermist

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by coon hunter, Nov 23, 2008.

1. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

when you get up to go to the bathroom and there is a giant deer head in the tub ,And it doesn't scare you any more.

Mandy

2. when you no longer ask about bloodstains on his clothing when he comes home.

when you no longer ask "what is in this bag" in the freezer.

what the mysterry meat in the chili is

when you no longer object or ask questions whe nphone calls about great roadkill potentials come in around six in the morning.

when finding skulls in the house no longer scares you

Angela

3. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    When you say "I just mounted a nice redhead" and she instintantly thinks....duck!

4. I like your thinking there Ron.

5. dugout

dugout Winners are just losers who never quit.

when you have to pull deer hides out of the washing machine so you can do laundry!

6. when the missus knows without reading the label on boxes which one need to go straight to the freezer....

when the pets no longer have thier eyes, ears, lips and noses examined for symetry....

when the dog(s) learn to lay still on thier back(s) to shoe the proper lines for ventral cuts or on stomachs for dorsal cuts

sorry, the missus keeps pointing more out to me....

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

When she has to move my mounts to make room for the Christmas tree.

8. BWS

BWS New Member

Since we are both taxidermists.......

When your thinking of moving thanksgiving dinner to another day, because it falls in the middle of the biggest time for deer season (and you obviously can't cook and cape at the same time) ;)

When your husband brings home dead things as gifts

When your wife is thrilled about receiving dead things as gifts

When your kids wonder if you are gonna skin and taxi their pets when they die

9. When all your friends and enemys are on Taxi.net!

When taxinet is your morning coffee club and evening beer stop.

10. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

...when the picture frame that contains your wedding photo is accompanied by an eight pointer on one side and a signed wildlife print on the other.

11. JohnG

JohnG Member

My wife knows she's married to a taxidermist when i tell her if she needs anything out of the freezer, i will get it for her!

12. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

When you open the fridge and its not surprising to find something staring back at you ...
    When "your area" of the shop just took over the entire shop cuz season opened.....and hubby doesnt even mind..
    When you order family members to hunt for certain species cuz you need a new display mount for the shop...

And you KNOW your a taxidermist when you cringe at seeing someone out in the field cut their cape wrong... or worse cut the head off behind the ears..

13. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

when you go to take a whiz, an start having a conversation with the deer defrosting in the tub --- mandy

14. lookn4awhitetail

lookn4awhitetail "I shoot a Mathews, cause I dont wanna Hoyt them"

When you have three seperate laundry baskets, Whites, Colors and Work clothes.

15. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

when my husband walks in your shop and lights incense, and you don't understand what smells???

16. When you tell your husband your going to mount a woodie and he says, ok!

17. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

You know your a taxidermist when your SON asks if yur gonna change your shirt before going to town.. Like as if I was somehow dirty... imagine that...

18. crittercraft

crittercraft A venti caffe' mocha vodka valium latte to go plz

GA
    When you get brownie points for bringing dead rattlesnakes home to your wife.

19. You know they're married to a taxidermist when they don't even ask for an explanation about the Duck feathers in the kitchen sink.

20. When the door bell rings and your wife automatically grabs heavy duty trash bags on her way to the door.