1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BENCH GRINDER FLESHING

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by hunterray2002, Nov 23, 2008.

1. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

BENCHGRINDER FLESHING VIDEO.
    « on: Today at 05:50:01 PM »

Silver Member

Lunch-Buck-it Deer Attractant .

BENCHGRINDER FLESHING VIDEO
    »

I have it for sale once again. vhs. $15.00 and coming soon dvd for $20.00

I am still getting alot of requests for this video on HOW TO FLESH AND THIN WITH A BENCHGRINDER, WIRE WHEEL AND STONE WHEEL.

the video runs 45min's and a few seconds . I have tried promoting the video on a few other sites and a few other supply companies catalogs as well.

Keep an eye out for that as I will post when it becomes avaliable through the supply companys .

The video describes in up close and full detail on the fleshing process and thinning process and touches base on a small bit of lip turning with the stone wheel..

Anyone that Is interested or I may have spoken with in the past and didnt get around to getting you a video. Please send an email to [email protected]

I accept personal check or money order. Thanks all and have a great thanks giving.

God Bless . Ray
    I also accept paypal.

brelo likes this.
  2. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

Just a question, I'm still new at this. But will the high rate of speed at which the grinder turns create heat? And would that heat have any affect on the hide? With slipping?

3. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

Why Thank Ya Sir!

4. I use a wire wheel, but only on the face. I pressure flesh the cape first omitting the face. I then take it to the wire wheel and flesh the face. I DONT apply much pressure to the wheel, and use my forefinger to hold the cape and judge the pressure. If its hot to your finger, its twice as hot to the cape. It takes practice, but in my opinion its the best way to flesh the face.

5. hunterray2002

Well said. You dont need to apply much pressure to flesh with the grinder on a cape. I use both wheels the wire to rough flesh and the stone wheel to thin and do my face work as well as turn the lip;s The wire wheel will clean up the ear butts.

The ket to the methoud is never, ever let the hide set in one spot to long for the simple fact you'll burn a hole in the cape like a hot knife through butter. My personal preferance when fleshing with the grinder is to either do it 2 ways. Flesh green. Or thawed and washed and only tumbled for about 5 minutes. Allowing plenty of moisture at all times.

6. shopkins94

shopkins94 New Member

I flesh with a wire wheel on my drill for muskrats to take off the saddle. Works like a charm.

7. hunterray2002

I will now have the Fleshing video on DVD this weekend. If interested by all means send an email to [email protected] and place order.

DVD's are $20.00 video's are $15 each run 45min's in length .

8. Rich bell

Rich bell New Member

Do u still have any dvds for sale

9. slamnationalley

slamnationalley New Member

I've used one for many deer capes. The stone worked well on thinning the chin and lips. It will be a little warm but I never had hair slip.