1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What is a fair price for a coyote pedestal mount?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by John L, Nov 23, 2008.

1. John L

John L Active Member

What is a fair price for a coyote pedestal mount?

2. all material times 3 then add the base plus labor . i would say 45.00 per hour . add an extra hour for the time it takes to take it in also. so figure 275.00 closed mouth to 450.00 open . full size life size 650..00 open mouth 750.00 thats what i charge . mark c

3. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

I'm doing a open mouth coyote pedestal now for $650. lifesize $900, but I think i'm gonna raise it, it's not enough. Would like to get around $1100 or $1200 for a lifesize. Good luck.

4. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

My pedestals with yotes run around 550-650 includes everything the price difference is open or closed mouths

5. ryan thanks for the wart hog and i guess im to cheep but im happy mark c

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I get $525 closed mouth shoulder Coyote & $675 open mouth & the pedestal would run $100-150 extra depending on base/habitat.

On lifesize the START at $850 for a closed mouth

7. wow !!!!!!!!!!!!! cant get that here maybe ill move up north ya right [email protected]# see ya mark c

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

DAMN!!! How much are you charging for deer shoulder mounts?

9. ryan rhodes

$550 for a shoulder mount. no panel.

10. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

750.00 standard shoulder mounts...

11. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

you guys must have customers who live next to Fort Knox with an underground tunnel directly to the vault.
    There's no way people around here would pay 750.00 for a shoulder mount.
    weez just po foks ;D

12. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

wow where do u guys live getting that much for a shoulder mount. the highest in my area is 475 im at 400 im keeping my prices the lowest in the area so i can get my name out there. in fact i was picking up a cape from a butcher shop and this one guy said i was too high and his taxidermist does them for 325 but he still took my card. :D

13. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I have 5 deer shipped in already from MO.

Charged them 650.00, they paid shipping here $50 to $100 and will pay $50.00 to crate and $100 to $120 to ship back when completed.

Bobbi, keep telling yourself you can't get that and you won't.
    You can keep the po' folk.

14. I went to $600 for Deer and Antelope this year, and $1000 for Elk..

Although I was a bit hesitant, but it paid off... I have over 175 shoulder mounts, and it's not over yet..

Also went way high on lifesize, $3500 for Bear and Cougar.. No complaints so far...

Just charge what your worth, and forget about those who think your to high...

15. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I started out last year at 450 for deer thinking I would charge a little below the going rate to get started.... That lasted for the first 3 mounts and then I raised it to 525.00.. I was the highest around.. This year I went to 575.00 again Im still the highest around..Ive taken in more this year than last year..
    For coyotes shoulder pedestals.. I charge 350.00 for closed mouth pedestal.. Habitat is extra. Open mouth add another 100.00, Lifesize IM at 650.00, habitat and base extra. Probably low to some but not exactly a high selling item here. I find them real easy and quick to do. My bread and butter are deer and elk, and the occasional bear though they seem to want rugs with those.

16. yelper

yelper Do or Do Not.... There is no try

GA
    Last year I was at 400 on deer & this year went to 435. I checked last year at this time & I had taken in seven more than I currently have. I talked to another taxidermist in my area & three weeks ago they had taken in 40 & I was at 12. They get 425. It is quite upsetting. Of course they have been in biz about 25 yrs. & I'm in my 4th deer season. I get a lot of calls but no work. I even have a deer up at a local processor but I 've only gotton 3 deer from him. I'm not sure if he is directing them to me or not even though I'm mounting a deer for the owner for free. I have some low ballers around me I though. There are two that are mounting deer for 275 & 300. In this area everything is about price I guess. Of the deer I have about 50% is repeat customers. I advertise but it doesn't seem to help. I know allot of deer are being killed but I'm not getting them. I don't know what to do! It seems that when someone calls for a price they get that tone that they don't like the price. I even go though a little spiel about what I do & what they will get but they don't care. They really don't like the coyote prices. 650 lifesize & 350 shoulder mount add 175 for open mouth. How do you get the customers? It's disheartening!

17. ryan rhodes

I hear it all the time, "I can't get those prices" I have a half a dozen guys within 20 minutes of me. One gets $400, $430, $450, but none of them can get $550 like me. I guess their clients are trained to be cheap. If you have confiedence in your work and can sell, they will pay. I took in one last week I know for a fact he also called other studios that were $100 less than me. I get what I need, if not, there's the door.

18. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I know that if my workspace was separate from my home that I'd have to charge more just to pay the additional bills, but since I'm working out of my garage, I don't have the overhead that some of the bigger studios have.
    I've gone up every year for the past 3 years, and will go up again next year.

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Just curious, how many coyotes are you taking in each year to mount? I get less for a L/S than you do for a shoulder mount, and I don't consider myself cheap, and I really don't think I'm a hack either?

20. *COhackugH*